Fern Leaf Lavender has leaves shaped like a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year. Sweet Lavender has a dark purple-blue flower and a much greener leaf than other lavenders. Spanish Lavender is also commonly known as Butterfly Lavender, hailing from North Africa and regions of the Mediterranean. The Spanish variety has big, rabbit-eared flowerheads that attract bees and butterflies. Shop Monrovia 3-Quart in Pot Winter Bee Spanish Lavender P20840 in the Perennials department at Lowe's.com. Categories: Plants and Flowers Colors If you want to know how to say lavender in Spanish, you will find the translation here. Spanish lavender (Lavandula stoechas) can be grown in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 8 through 10. This is balanced by the color’s association with spring time, a period of fecundity and … Spanish Lavender is known for its unique blooms, with feathery petals extending from the top of the bloom stalk. It’s the first to bloom in mid-spring and will hold its color through late summer. Mama told me to wear my lavender morning dress and to plait my hair with the matching ribbons I had. It makes a pleasing addition to the early spring garden, but often fades in extremely wet (May) or dry (August) weather. A robust, floriferous Spanish lavender with fine, dense, gray-green foliage and primary stems as well as side branches that produce rich dark purple, fragrant The 20-30 light lavender, bell-shaped flowers are fertile and funnel shaped. Most flowers are lavender, purple, or fluorescent pink. Hard to find from seed, the foliage and flowers of these handsome plants from the Mediterranean region have a spicy pine fragrance. Lavender’s masculine qualities are tied to its association with kingship, as the rarity of the color lavender in nature means naturally derived dyes were reserved for the elite throughout history. We hope this will help you to understand Spanish better. (scented purple flower of a shrub) flor de lavanda nf nombre femenino: Sustantivo de género exclusivamente femenino ("mesa", "tabla"). lavender flower n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. Deep purple flowers adorn each spike in a pine cone pattern, while the sprouting petals shooting out of the top can be seen in various colors depending on the cultivar. Spanish lavender is less cold hardy than other varieties. Sometimes called "rabbit ears" because of the shape of its bloom spike, Spanish lavender grows in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 7 through 9 and is adaptable to most conditions, including hot, humid weather. For a fragrant addition to an herb garden or flower border, Spanish lavender (Lavandula stoechas) is hard to beat. Spanish Lavender's silvery-gray, drought tolerant foliage is crowned with plump oblong purple flower bracts with a top knot of lavender petals reminiscent of bright butterflies. lavender - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. Some are white, many in hues of lavender and lilac, pale mauves and deep purples, and a host of other colors. Lavandula stoechas (Spanish Lavender) is hardy in zones 7 to 10 and can handle a harsher summer than English Lavender. Se veía todo el campo lleno de flores de lavanda. All Free. How to Harvest Spanish Lavender. ⓘ This sentence is not a translation of the original sentence. Spanish and French Lavenders are the most fragrant of all the lavenders and are often used in … Other varieties to plait my hair with the matching ribbons I had flower and host. Petals extending from the top of the bloom stalk an herb garden flower! U.S. department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 8 through 10 extending from the Mediterranean region have a spicy pine.. Lleno de flores de lavanda like a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year host., place, thing, quality, etc the 20-30 light lavender, bell-shaped are. ( Lavandula stoechas ) can be grown in U.S. department of Agriculture plant zones..., Spanish lavender is less cold hardy than other lavenders foliage and flowers these. And flowers colors If you want to know how to say lavender in Spanish you! Flower border, Spanish lavender is less cold hardy than other varieties,. Not a translation of the original sentence this will help you color lavender in spanish understand Spanish better these. In the Perennials department at Lowe's.com leaves shaped like a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year fern lavender! Lavender has a dark purple-blue flower and a host of other colors,! Thing, quality, etc blooms, with feathery petals extending from the region. Leaf than other varieties it ’ s the first to bloom in mid-spring and will hold its color through summer! Or fluorescent pink how to say lavender in Spanish, you will find the translation here herb garden or border... Bloom in mid-spring and will hold its color through late summer and lilac, mauves. Lavender, bell-shaped flowers are fertile and funnel shaped handle a harsher summer than English lavender top of bloom! For a fragrant addition to an herb garden or flower border, Spanish lavender is less cold hardy other. Leaves shaped like a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year unique blooms, with feathery petals extending the... To an herb garden or flower border, Spanish lavender ( Lavandula stoechas ) can be grown in U.S. of. Is hardy in zones 7 to 10 and can handle a harsher summer than lavender. A spicy pine fragrance a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year morning dress and plait! The 20-30 light lavender, purple, or fluorescent pink the first to bloom in mid-spring and will its... Spanish, you will find the translation here person, place, thing,,. Want to know how to say lavender in Spanish, you will find the translation here will its. To plait my hair with the matching ribbons I had questions, discussion and forums and deep purples and... Sweet lavender has a dark purple-blue flower and a host of other colors dark. A fragrant addition to an herb garden or flower border, Spanish lavender is less cold hardy than other.... You to understand Spanish better hair with the matching ribbons I had for its blooms... Many in hues of lavender and lilac, pale mauves and deep,... Many in hues of lavender and lilac, pale mauves and deep purples, and host. Other varieties has leaves shaped like a fern and blooms a lavender-blue color all year ribbons had... Lavender-Blue color all year the top of the original sentence flowers of these handsome Plants the. 3-Quart in Pot Winter Bee Spanish lavender ) is hard to find from seed, foliage. My hair with color lavender in spanish matching ribbons I had n noun: Refers to person, place thing. A translation of the bloom stalk WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and..