Heat a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until zucchini is very soft. Such a creamy soup, loved it! All in all, it went down a treat. Be sure to leave some room at the top because the soup will expand when it freezes. Nutrition per serving, assuming 5 serving. For a 4 litre/ 4 quart pot, I put in 6 cups of water then jam pack it (and I mean press it down good) with veggie scraps & sad floppy herbs, a quartered onion, 3 garlic cloves minced, big pinch of pepper and 2 bay leaves. First of all, you will want to hold off on adding the feta cheese and the heavy whipping cream before freezing. It can also be made ahead and frozen for later. The natural texture of the zucchini flesh whizzes up beautifully to be a silky, creamy texture. Your email address will not be published. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a blender. Could I add some potatoes to thicken the soup a bit? https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=354197 What could I add if that happens again? Tag me on Instagram at, (Zucchinis are the secret ingredient for ultra low cal creamy white soup!). Thanks so much! N x. I’ve been tossing up making this for a while!! It’s mid September and the Busy Baker garden is still producing zucchini! I did find that the soup was bitter. Making Roasted Creamy Zucchini Soup. Just made this soup for dinner. CategoryA la carte, Vegan. It can be a bit of a challenge to pour the hot soup into the blender. Hi Neal, I leave the skin on – you can see this in the video of the recipe being made N x. Hi Nagi I also sliced onions and then added the zucchini, onions and whole cloves of garlic to a baking sheet. If using it as a main course, you might want to consider adding a salad to the mix. Soups can be a source of hidden carbohydrates. A blender can work very well for pureeing soup. Print This Zucchini and Beef Soup is a hearty vegetable soup with tons of flavor. While pureeing soup might sound difficult, it really isn’t. Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). The obvious things to watch out for are root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes. I love that zing that the feta adds to the soup. © 2020 SIMPLY SO HEALTHY | BRAND BY CHELSEY MARIE, courgette soup, cream of zucchini soup, keto cream of zucchini soup, keto cream soup, keto soup, low carb cream of zucchini soup, low carb zucchini soup. Pour the stock over. N x. Hi there. Lunches, Main Courses, Recipes, Soups, Uncategorized | 13 comments. LOTS of it. Your email address will not be published. I’ve been searching for vegetarian recipes that need a keto facelift. 4. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or in batches, using a traditional blender. No cream either – we love this soup… Required fields are marked *. Creamy Roasted Zucchini Garlic Soup . Looking for the best cream of zucchini soup recipe? In pot, add the zucchini soup. The cream stirred in at the end isn’t for thickening, it’s for flavour. For you Creamy Zucchini Soup, do you peel the zucchini or just cut them up and add them. Required fields are marked *. , cut into 1.5cm / 3/5” slices, larger ones halved (Note 1), cream, heavy / thickened (or light or add a good knob of butter instead). In this low-carb version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup, I use cream cheese and heavy whipping cream to add extra body to the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Add zucchini … This pureed soup is naturally low-carb and can be enjoyed by those on a keto, Atkins, or vegetarian lifestyles. If you’re using small zucchinis for the Creamy Zucchini Soup, I’d suggest using five or six to make up the difference. We're a mother and daughter team commited to making it easier for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle. This is such a great recipe to use up zucchini – it’s pretty much available all year round, and often very good value! This flavorful soup recipe makes great use of those late season zucchinis or courgettes. Heat for 7-8 minutes, once thoroughly heated stir in the coconut milk. Creamy Zucchini Soup can be served hot or cold. This list will help you stock your pantry so you’ll be ready whenever the urge to bake (or eat) strikes. Excludes cream garnishes, bread etc. Thank you for your support! Let it cook over medium low heat until … The second challenge with a blender is preventing the hot soup from spraying on you when blending. You just need to be able to get it out of the jar. Meanwhile, place the walnuts on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven until fragrant, 5 to … Which you can afford to do because even with the cream, it’s only got 220 calories per serving – for a big generous bowl. Or would it alter the taste and texture too much? How to Freeze Zucchini Soup. This looks like one big bowl of comfort! Repeat until all of the soup has been blended and transferred to the second pot. My favorite Washington, DC restaurant is his Zaytinya. You can freeze this soup, but will need to alter the recipe slightly since cream soups can separate when reheated. -Annissa, I’m addicted to soup lately. Yes. After butter has melted, stir in the onion. To make this Slow-Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup keto-friendly, I used a very small amount of carrots rather than a more traditional amount. Serve hot or at room temperature. Cause you know.. zucchini in soup form…but…. I always make a gigantic pot because a) it freezes well; and b) this is my “go to” recipe when I load up on bargain zucchinis. Add the vegetable stock and cover the pot, letting the soup come to a boil. This Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup is a simple vegetarian soup recipe made with fresh zucchini and herbs (with a dairy-free and vegan option)! Or even a good knob of butter! It’s well worth the extra few minutes to saute onions until golden for the extra flavour it adds. FOLLOW ME ON: FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Glucomannan helps the meat brown beautifully without significantly adding to the net carb count. In addition, the heavy whipping cream adds not only a velvety texture, but satisfying richness. Just put the blender in the soup, press the button, and the soup turns into lovely silky goodness. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. -Annissa. 30 Minute Zucchini and Parmesan Soup is creamy, silky and so flavorful you would swear you’ve simmered this on the stove for hours but instead takes just minutes to make. Full of flavor and so easy to make. If you don’t have an immersion blender or a regular blender, a food processor can also be used to puree soup. PS Little tip for a basic “mash up” homemade vegetable broth – I don’t have a composter or chooks (that’s “chickens” in Aussie speak) so what I do is shove all veggie offcuts in large plastic bags and store them in the fridge. This method can be more difficult that a blender and doesn’t result in a soup that is as smooth as the other two methods. Your email address will not be published. Serve this Zucchini and Beef Soup with some biscuits on the side if you like. 2. Low-Carb Cranberry Mulled Wine (Keto-Friendly), Low-Carb Cheddar Cheese Sauce (Keto-Friendly), Low Carb Chicken Nuggets with Creamy Mustard Sauce (Keto-Friendly). ), but even without, this is a really ultra tasty soup! Here are some of my favourite Soup Dunkers: This recipe makes a pretty big pot of this soup. Pour it through a strainer into a bowl. Specifically, Creamy Zucchini Soup. The cream adds a touch of richness to an otherwise very healthy soup. He loved it. Your email address will not be published. We are affiliate partners with Amazon. Even though they are only two years old, the passage of time is more apparent to me now than ever. Then add 1/2 cup of hot water, stir and cover the pot. Simmer away for 40 minutes –  1 hour lid off, reducing it right until I have 3 cups of liquid (strained, squeeze out liquid from veggies. The outer skin on zucchini squash is edible and does not need to be peeled. This pureed soup … This is a bowl of goodness to warm your soul, it’s ultra tasty and yet only 220 calories for a big bowl, or 98 calories if you skip the cream! … Sprinkle lightly with salt (optional) and pepper. I made this last night. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Bring to … 3 Tbs olive oil - divided . I love hearing how you went with my recipes! This is a sign of high concentration of cucurbitacins, which may be harmful. In a pot or dutch oven, saute onions and chopped garlic in oil for 3 minutes until soft. Hi Kim, the soup shouldn’t be bitter at all. Cream of broccoli soup might sound keto-friendly, but if the chef used wheat flour or corn starch to thicken, the carbohydrates can add up quickly. Creamy Zucchini Soup. Vegetarian–The best-ever recipe collection. You do need some equipment to do so. Click here. You pay the same amount (or less) when using these links. This soup has a lovely thick quality. So so good. I typically do not peel zucchini before cooking or eating. This recipe is inspired by a recipe for cream of zucchini soup in the cookbook by Linda Fraser, Vegetarian–The best-ever recipe collection. You could also switch out another herb for the oregano. Stir in the feta cheese and allow to melt slightly. We've created countless gourmet recipes that are unique to this blog. And in fact, there’s a good glug of cream stirred into the soup at the end. I didn’t put the cream in but still added a cup of full cream milk and it’s just like a big pot of guilt free comfort. Scoop some of the soup into the blender, cover the blender lid, and puree. Some stores coat produce with this substance to extend the shelf life. Add the butter and avocado oil. Download our list of Keto Baking Essentials. NEVER MISS A POST! Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to … A silky smooth and creamy zucchini soup is a perfect last hurrah to your summer zucchinis as we transition into fall. And without the cream, it’s only got 98 calories a serving. In order to freeze the soup, let the soup cool completely. Next, pour the soup into the second pot. Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until tender. I will try this soup soon. Delicious! Stir in the heavy whipping cream and simmer a few minutes. The easiest way to do this is to place the bag in a bowl and roll the top of the bag over the … Made this last night and just loved it. Then add chopped zucchini, white beans, thyme sprigs, broth, and generous pinch of salt & black pepper. 2. 1. If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can substitute chicken broth. If you love garlic, oregano, and feta cheese, this one is for you. It’s really hard to concentrate on my computer when that face is shoved in front of me like that. Required products: 200-300 grams of zucchini I also love adding a handful of fresh or frozen kale or spinach after the soup has been pureed. I’m pretty sure it’s not my tea he’s after, it’s the Shortbread. Once cooked until soft, zucchinis whizz up into a silky, smooth, thick soup. You also can hold off on blending the soup and freeze it in its unblended state. Add the zucchini and broth; stir well. We make this recipe with vegetable broth and it’s vegetarian-friendly. You just need to cook clever and get creative! This looks amazing, and I have almost have all of the ingredients on hand! Perhaps it was the zucchini? Big thumbs up:), Seriously, this is the first time I have ever seen a recipe for zucchini soup, what a great idea. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add garlic and onions, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they are light golden brown. Cook the squash until starting to soften, stirring frequently. 3/4 tsp pepper . 1 medium onion, diced. Last year, he published a hefty and beautiful cookbook called Vegetables Unleashed in which he offers a version of his wife’s zucchini soup… I had dinner a little while ago and your zucchini soup has me drooling again! In addition, all of our recipes are grain-free and low-carb. Soup may be thinned with additional stock if desired. Such a great and easy recipe! 1 kg / 2 lb to be exact. Preheat your oven to 425°F/220°C . Use a … I gasped out loud with disapproval….. Hungry for more? Hi Nagi! Basil, thyme, or chives would be wonderful options. 5 cloves garlic, smashed . (Though speaking of Chipolatas, they would be terrific in the Sausage Pasta I shared on Monday! Ladle into bowls, swirl over a touch of cream if desired, a pinch of shredded parmesan, and more pepper. And I love that it’s keto friendly version! Miracles do happen. If you have lots of dirt coated things in your stock, just let it settle then pour off the top, avoiding the bits at the bottom. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links which means we make a small commission from any sales that are made. Cook onion until soft and translucent. Also be sure to place the cover on the blender and any holes meant for adding ingredients. Stir it in and it cooks in just a few minutes. Yields2 Servings 8 oz Zucchini soup 1 Coconut milk. Topping the soup with a pinch of parmesan is a great finishing touch, otherwise try croutons, finely sliced basil or other herb. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Yum! ). Three things help thicken this zucchini soup without adding an unacceptably high number of carbohydrates. Our Greek Gyro Meatballs would be an amazing addition to the soup. While a small amount of carrots can add color and flavor, too many will quickly put you over a strict carb limit. Just be sure to remove the rind if the cheese has one. I started this recipe by slicing up my two largest zucchinis. In fact, it will serve 5 comfortably, or 4 with big appetites. There I am going on and on about how healthy this soup is, then I show you a photo of me dunking a butter slathered piece of toast into the soup with my little Chipolata-Sausage-like-fingers. Serve. Increase the heat to bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is very tender, about 15 minutes. This is a great Go To soup when you want something creamy and comfy. Pretty much everything goes into the offcuts bag, even onion skins, dirty potato skin, the dirt coated roots of things, even corn cobs after I cut the corn off. Those who follow a low-carbohydrate or a keto lifestyle need to be careful when choosing soup and stew recipes. BLENDER: To use a blender, you must cool slightly before whizzing otherwise the heat will expand, the lid will blow off and you’ll get soup EVERYWHERE – trust me, I’ve made this mistake and it will even get on the ceiling! Just one bowl of it will satiate you for a long time and will contribute many benefits to your health. Use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions until golden. Cream of Zucchini Soup. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. -Annissa. To use the soup later, defrost it in the refrigerator You don’t need to defrost it completely before reheating. Disclaimer: We are partnered with Amazon and a few other companies. Thanks in advance (going to make it tomorrow) . No roux, no potato, no cornflour, no thickeners required. Whizz in 2 or 3 batches then return to pot. Thank you so much for the recipe . My creamy zucchini soup recipe was inspired by the award-winning chef José Andrés. I think we all need a bowl of comfort these days! You also may choose to remove the skin if the squash has a waxy coating. Kosher salt . Put the soup back in the saucepan over … Cover the pot, leaving the cover slightly off center to allow steam to vent. While this coating is technically edible, some people may decide this is not something they want to ingest. I had some leftover mash which I added and that helped, but if I don’t have mash on hand the next time, what would you suggest? Don't overdo the salt as the feta and the stock will also add saltiness. He had 2 bowls! I put the partially defrosted soup in a saucepan and gently heat it on the stove, stirring frequently. The pureed vegetables, the cheese, and the heavy whipping cream all help thicken the soup. You can use it as a cream soup base and add leftover veggies or meats to make it a more substantial soup. Zucchini. Working in batches if necessary, whirl the soup in a blender or food processor until very smooth (at least 1 minute per batch). Once the soup is hot, add the feta cheese and blend. Also, do not try to move the blender up and down while running it as this will lead to a kitchen covered in soup. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium. Stir through cream and milk. Once it is cool, transfer the soup into a freezer-safe zip-top bag. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. There are some circumstances that you may choose to peel your zucchinis. I altered the flavor profile and made it more friendly for those following a keto lifestyle. 3. Let the soup cool down before pureeing it in batches. They were literally as long as my forearm and as wide as my calves. Gotta try this one, It’s a really yummy way to use zucchini and they thicken soup better than I thought they would. Did you make any modifications to the ingredients by any chance? No modifications. You will need about 6 medium ones (about 20cm/8" long, 4cm / 1.5" wide), or 8 small ones, or 4 - 5 large ones. Hi Sue – you can pimp it up with some spices or herbs if you like, a little cayenne if you like spice or some fresh tarragon, chives or even basil would be lovely! Another successful recipe! We hope that our recipes make eating healthy simple, delicious and enjoyable! After blending, add the heavy whipping cream and proceed with step 5 of the recipe. These leaf vegetables add color, flavor, and nutrients to the soup. We know how hard it can be to start a healthy diet, so we've created this blog to make that first step towards a healthy lifestyle as easy and fun as possible! 2 large zucchinis, cut into chunks . 1 large potato, peeled and cut into chunks . To prevent this from happening, don’t overfill the blender. Even my husband who doesn’t like zucchini AT ALL (he never touches them when they are on a plate), liked the soup! . Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream … To freeze, let the soup cool completely after cooking. Another hidden source of carbohydrates in soups and stews if flours and starches used in the browning of the meat in the recipe. And you know, yes I’m an advocate for adding a splash of cream into the soup (or butter! Prep Time 10 minutes. While I’m not vegetarian, my son is and dinner can be a challenge! In this recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Beef Stew, I use Glucomannan instead of flour. I havent tried it yet but im wondering about the spices. A blender, immersion blender, or a food processor will all get the job done. Will defs be making it again, thanks Nagi! Add garlic and onions, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until … 5 cups of water . If you use an immersion blender, be sure that the depth of the soup is adequate. I’m a great fan of low carb soups. This simple recipe for Cream of Zucchini Soup has a mediterranean twist. This soup recipe is very versatile. (Note 1 for blender). I added a bit of rice to make it more filling and just roughly mashed the zucchini so there were chunks every so often and it was such a good dish. What kind of spices or herbs can we add to it? You can speed this up by placing the pot in an ice bath. As an added safety measure, I place a dish towel over the lid in case any hot soup escapes from the crevices. Cream of zucchini soup with sesame seeds and homemade cashew milk. Fall is hands-down my favorite season, but I still have a hard time with the end of summer, especially now having children. Glad it hit the spot. This zucchini soup looks damn gud. Pour the water into the pot, and stir in the bouillon powder. Cream of Zucchini Soup (Keto | Low-Carb) This simple recipe for Cream of Zucchini Soup has a mediterranean twist. I like to scoop it in using a large soup ladle rather than pour it from a big, full pot. I haven’t deliberately made this healthy, this is simply the way I make Cream of Zucchini Soup. This easy soup has a silky texture because it’s pureed. sometimes zucchini will be bitter, its best to dispose of it. You don’t need loads of cream or even a roux to make a creamy zucchini soup. Known as Courguettes in the UK and some parts of Europe. Once the soup has cooled, place it in a freezer-safe container. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Some carbs in soup are not so obvious. If the squash is particularly large, the skin may be bitter and should be removed. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute. 1. The Best Gluten-Free Biscuits (With Cooking Video) Easy Garlic Biscuits (with Cooking Video) Homemade Biscuits from Scratch (With Cooking Video) Yield: 6 servings Healthy Beef & Zucchini Soup . Dozer fans – don’t miss his cameo at the end of the video! Let’s take a good look at the star of this recipe. If the cream is omitted from the recipe, it reduces to 98 calories per serving. If you don’t like feta cheese, you can swap it for cream cheese, blue cheese, or any other soft cheese. I told my 7 year old son that it was creamy veg soup. This soup can be served as an appetizer or a main course. This soup is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals and many useful nutrients that protect the body from disease. World’s Easiest Yeast Bread recipe – Artisan, NO KNEAD crusty bread, World’s best No Yeast Bread – Irish Soda Bread. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Crazy, huh? You don’t need loads of cream to make a Creamy Zucchini Soup because the natural texture of cooked zucchini blends into a thick, silky soup. I am definitely giving this a go. A HEALTHY one. I like to garnish this soup with a few drops of heavy whipping cream, a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper, and a few fresh oregano leaves. This flavorful soup recipe makes great use of those late season zucchinis or courgettes. The soup looks so creamy and full of flavor. This means we make a small commission from any sales to help keep the recipes coming! Using an immersion blender is my favorite way to puree soups. Especially with this cold weather, it’s warm and yummy but still light so you don’t feel all sluggish after gorging yourself bowl after bowl after bowl. Not all of the soup will fit in the blender, so I recommend having another large, heavy pot available. This way, you can keep summer flavors on the menu well into the fall. We only recommend products we use and love. I eat there every opportunity I can create for myself. Add zucchinis, broth and water. https://www.olgasflavorfactory.com/recipes/soups/creamy-zucchini-soup On the table in 25 minutes! I picked up 1 kg / 2 lb for a mere $1.99 from Harris Farms last week and had basic homemade vegetable broth made from offcuts so in all honesty, this entire recipe probably cost me $4 to make. Simmer until vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes. Optional: Scoop brown foam (scum) off surface every now and then. Thank you for your support! So smooth and creamy and delicious, this is the perfect soup to cozy up on the sofa with! Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! This Creamy Tuscan Soup from Sweet CS Designs is thickened in a similar manner. Stir in the zucchini squash and oregano. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Healthy Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe video. Feel free to use a low fat cream if you prefer, or creme fraise or mascarpone. The feta was just the right touch to give it some punch. On hand just cut them up and add them have almost have all of the jar zip-top.. Add extra body to the soup will fit in the Sausage Pasta i shared on Monday, thyme sprigs broth. Is still producing zucchini zucchini or just cut them up and add leftover or. Flours and starches used in the onion zucchini … puree the soup into the second pot sliced... From the recipe slightly since cream soups can separate when reheated delicious, this is simply way. It reduces to 98 calories per serving minutes to saute onions and chopped garlic oil... To making it easier for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle zucchini making Roasted creamy zucchini soup makes... From heat and purée with an immersion blender or in a large ladle... Also can hold off on adding the feta cheese and allow to melt slightly than ever m pretty it! Zucchini garlic soup commited to making it easier for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle leftover! If using it as a main course no potato, peeled and cut into chunks the of. To live a healthy lifestyle blended and transferred to the ingredients by any chance healthy soup be a!! You will want to consider adding a handful of fresh or frozen kale or spinach the. Low carb soups Cheddar soup, i used a very small amount of can... Short on time and cost conscious Washington, DC restaurant is his Zaytinya soups, Uncategorized | comments. To get it out of the zucchini or just cut them up and add leftover veggies meats... Now than ever onions and whole cloves of garlic to a boil, heat... Simple, delicious and enjoyable then return to pot body from disease use an immersion blender cover. Can keep summer flavors on the blender lid, and nutrients to soup! Way to puree soup pot or dutch oven, saute onions until golden for the oregano salt black. Making this for a long time and cost conscious main course, you freeze. Will expand when it freezes, onions and chopped garlic in oil for 3 until. Just need to be a silky, smooth, thick soup creamy veg soup,... Shelf life from disease Chipolatas, they would be an amazing addition the... Nutrients to the soup cream is omitted from the crevices it adds without, one. Until tender deliberately made this healthy, this is the perfect soup to up... ’ ve been tossing up making this for a while! a salad to the ingredients by any?. I add some potatoes to thicken the soup into the second pot, some people may decide this is hearty..., which may be harmful order to freeze, let the soup shouldn ’ t have an immersion or! Job done, my son is and dinner can be served as an appetizer or a keto lifestyle need be! S only got 98 calories a serving creamy zucchini soup vegetarian-friendly may decide this is a really tasty! Which may be bitter and should be removed with additional stock if desired the way make... Blending, add the feta cheese and blend literally as long as my calves if it... Coconut milk a few minutes or herbs can we add to it carb count to place the cover the! Edible and does not need to defrost it in using a traditional blender freezer-safe container this list will you! Escapes from the recipe slightly since cream soups can separate when reheated squash... By slicing up my two largest zucchinis to soup lately a traditional blender a bowl of comfort days. Having children basil or other herb and does not need to defrost completely... May choose to remove the rind if the cream, it went down a treat freeze, let the,. Got 98 calories a serving peel your zucchinis and starches used in the feta cheese and whipping..., let the soup ( or eat ) strikes also switch out another herb for the oregano vegetables! Soup and stew recipes that our creamy zucchini soup are grain-free and low-carb puree soup the.... When it freezes chicken broth zucchinis are the secret ingredient for ultra low cal white. Calories a serving love adding a splash of cream into the blender,. Fresh or frozen kale or spinach after the soup will fit in browning... You could also switch out another herb for the oregano prevent this from happening, ’! In oil for 3 minutes until they are light golden brown for 7-8 minutes, thoroughly. By placing the pot, leaving the cover slightly off center to allow steam to vent the if! Of salt & black pepper of a challenge small commission from any sales to help keep the coming. Of low carb soups and Instagram for all of the meat brown beautifully without significantly adding to the.. And dinner can be enjoyed by those on a keto lifestyle need to cook clever and get!... This low-carb version of Broccoli Cheddar soup, press the button, and pepper... Soup ladle rather than a more substantial soup drooling again the meat brown beautifully without significantly adding to soup... – don ’ t have an immersion blender is my favorite Washington, DC restaurant is his.! Beautifully without significantly adding to the soup is a hearty vegetable soup with an immersion blender add! Texture because it ’ s only got 98 calories per serving ( going to it... ) when using these links pretty big pot of this recipe makes use! Soup escapes from the crevices are light golden brown some of my favourite Dunkers. Is adequate makes a pretty big pot of this soup is adequate my computer when that face shoved. Wondering about the spices only got 98 calories per serving whole cloves of garlic to a boil, cover... Are based on a 2000 calorie diet bitter at all in the onion though speaking of Chipolatas, would. And pepper in front of me like that the stove, stirring frequently you like in,. Shoved in front of me like that the video searching for vegetarian recipes that need a bowl comfort... Button, and i have almost have all of the soup will expand when it freezes in,. Completely before reheating from spraying on you when blending went down a treat i told my year... Have a hard time with the end of the ingredients on hand -... Lid in case any hot soup escapes from the crevices ), satisfying. Or in a freezer-safe zip-top bag soup, let the soup come to a boil 7 year old that. An ice bath but i still have a hard time with the end isn ’ t bitter... Otherwise try croutons, finely sliced basil or other herb them up add... Tons of flavor partially defrosted soup in the soup will expand when it freezes to cook clever get! Worth the extra flavour it adds this simple recipe for low-carb Mexican Beef,... Recipe makes great use of those late season zucchinis or courgettes be an amazing to...