Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Make the rum ball mixture: Process the chocolate wafers and pecans in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground.In a separate bowl, combine rum, … While the most popular recipes on my blog are cocktail cupcakes, boozy-ness is certainly not limited to the cupcake form. Easy to make, I bet you have the ingredients necessary in your kitchen cupboards to make these right now! My Mom used to make whisky balls using the same recipe. Of course, these balls are AMAZING with or without rum! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Stir in the spiced rum mixed with the syrup. Rumkugeln are a very delicious treat and once you had one, you always want more! Collections. The Best No Bake Rum Balls Recipes on Yummly | No-bake Rum Balls, Yummy No Bake Rum Balls, No Bake Rum Balls ... Relevance Popular Quick & Easy. I only got compliments on them! I'm glad you called this out. I love your idea of using orange juice and orange zest! A holiday favorite for many foodies is rum balls and who can blame them? These rum balls are easy to make. Rum Balls are a beautiful Holiday cookie and the best part is you don’t even turn your oven on!This simple, tasty, and spiked cookie is fun to make and even better to eat.They even get better as time goes on, so make them days before the Holidays or Christmas and have this treat ready for your sweet needs. You liked. In order to make rum balls, you need vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and pecans. Very easy I used brandy in place of rum and everyone loved them. Info. Originally from our December 1993 issue, this boozy confection was created by reader Lela H. Coggins from Brevard, North Carolina. Prep Time 20 minutes. Once the mixture is right, the large end of a melon ball scooper would be helpful to portion the mixture more uniformly in size before rolling into smooth balls between one's palms and coating in confectioners' sugar. They’ll disappear quickly, so maybe you need to make even more. Easy rum balls are made with 6 ingredients. These easy Rum balls are the best way to spread holiday cheer to your grown up friends and family! Skip. This easy rum balls recipe is a tasty treat for grown-ups. I used my hands because it’s much easier. Made with dark rum, they are a delicious way to spread holiday cheer. Try using brandy in place of the rum. If you like party food, check out these stuffed mushrooms. The flavoring I bought came in a 1-ounce bottle. Once you taste them, you’ll agree! Look so good. For an even more decadent treat, try chocolate covered rum balls! You also need corn syrup … Besides, it’s so worth it. Deselect All. At first, I couldn’t figure it out, but then one person said, “Maybe I put too much cornstarch in them.” After that, the first question I asked was whether or not they used corn syrup. I love this recipe because it's entirely no-bake and no fuss while coming together in less than 10 minutes with just 3 or 4 ingredients. https://www.thebossykitchen.com/walnuts-cocoa-rum-balls-recipe Bite sized desserts like Buckeye Balls make perfect holiday treats both for your parties and as gifts for friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and no baking required, this boozy confection packs a punch and is sure to make cookie season a little brighter! There’s so much to love about Classic Rum Balls. Finely grind vanilla wafers, pecans, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. It was last edited September 2020. Rum balls without the rum. Stir in the chopped … Just make sure they’re finely crushed before you use them. Store in a tin with a tight lid. Embed Print. 5 days ago. Grind up the biscuits using a food processor into crumbs. Candy Holidays. As a matter of fact, I think anything with powdered sugar is messy because it’s light as air and drifts. Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are rich, chocolatey, boozy, and festive! If you prefer bourbon balls, all you have to do is substitute bourbon for the rum. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Rum balls are the perfect make ahead holiday dessert. Copyright © 2020 Southern Home Express | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 11 Pieces Natural Wooden Handles Cooking Tools Turner Tongs Spatula Spoon for Nonstick Cookware - Best Kitchen Tools (BPA Free, Non Toxic), 3 tablespoons of corn syrup (light or dark), 1/2 cup of rum (or 1/4 cup of rum flavoring + 1/4 cup of water - see notes), Additional powdered sugar for the coating. These rum balls are wonderful additions to any party snack table. It’s a no-bake recipe that is perfect for gift giving! You also need corn syrup and rum. Those are the dry ingredients. Course: lunch box snacks. Try this and let me know the feedbacks. Thanks again for the recipe and for your response. How much time do you have? Mix the crushed vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chopped pecans, corn syrup, and rum. Please let me know what you wind up doing. https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/classic-rum-balls-1632 Coat them in powdered sugar, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder! (mix well). It’s super easy, no-bake and contains chocolate and rum. The first step is to melt the chocolate. Homemade Edible Gifts. 2 cups finely ground cake crumbs from a leftover cake. Rum balls are all the rage here in the caribbean and with all the free flowing rum {that's sometimes cheaper than water}, I can see why. With only 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles) and no baking required, these decadent truffle-like, … Would one also need to add something else to boost the moisture to be more equivalent to what the rum itself would have provided? For chocolate truffles just omit the rum and add vanilla extract instead. Share; Pin it; Reddit; Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Rum balls. Mix until well blended. AWESOME! Rum Balls are the perfect holiday cookie with a zing of spice. Super easy to make and as a not if you let them chill over night instead of an hour they are phenomenal! Although these no-bake rum balls are easy to make, they’re pretty messy. I cannot wait to try them with different liquers! How to make Rum Balls It takes a little while for all of the flavors to bloom. They’re great for the party table, but they also make a great main course for a meal. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. I tried this recipe and loved it. Classic Rum Balls are perfect for holiday gift-giving. I recommend tasting them and adjusting the amount of rum flavoring because the strength varies. Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Put into a tightly … If you don’t have a food processor, you … I substituted sweetened condensed milk instead of corn syrup in this recipe and rolled the rum balls in hundreds and thosands coconut and crushed peanuts. Very Good! An easy rumless Rum balls. They are easy … Wow! The easiest 4 ingredient kid-friendly rum balls that take just 5 minutes to make using coconut, cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk and plain sweet biscuits. If you’re into the whole boozy balls on your holiday dessert tray, but don’t love rum, I’ve got tons of other options for you: bourbon; whiskey; baileys; baileys plus a dash of mint extract = mind blown; kahlua; malibu rum for an island twist A family favorite, This recipe was amazing! In fact, you might even go back to the kitchen to make some more. Schwierigkeitsgrad einfach. You can use light or dark corn syrup. Chocolate Rum Balls- Easy No-Bake. I'm sure they'll be a hit. You will have everyone asking you for this recipe for rum balls. The flavor on these is wonderful! If you’re looking for more sweet treats, check out the recipe for this creamy orange fudge. Heat chocolate chips and corn syrup together in a saucepan over low heat. I used half nilla wafers and half cheap ginger snap cookies from publix. Rum Balls & Truffles Amid all the Christmas cooking and baking, sometimes you just want something easy to whip together — and that’s where rum balls and truffles come in. Pinch off pieces of the batter and form them into small marble-sized balls. No-Bake Classic Rum Ball Cookies Recipe. 90. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the vanilla wafers, cocoa and sugar. No Bake Rum Balls Recipes 28,337 Recipes. Made with amber rum and warm spices, these cinnamon rum balls are a variation on my easy rum ball recipe.They make a great addition to the holiday dessert table and they are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges. https://www.thebossykitchen.com/walnuts-cocoa-rum-balls-recipe Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa, nuts and 1-cup of confectioner's sugar well. This is a great recipe to make with the kids (and great for school lunch box treats). Stir vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, ... the quantity of rum and half the corn syrup, ... a 1 inch ball, don't add any more ... into 1 inch balls.Roll in either coconut ... Makes approximately 9 dozen. 2 inches seems too much. They turned out great and the different coatings made for good variety in Christmas gift-giving!:). Total Time 20 minutes. Put them with the desserts, such as these yummy peanut butter cookies. For exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the recipe card at the bottom of the page. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the vanilla wafers, cocoa and sugar. I love to give homemade baked goods as gifts at Christmas time. Arbeitszeit. Please let me know how they turn out. In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, or by hand, mix together the cake crumbs, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and nuts. You can serve it either hot or cold, so it’s easy to serve for a variety of get-togethers. Set them aside on a plate. Perfect for gifts or easy dinner parties! Easy Rum Balls. When you need quick, easy and tasty, Rum Balls are the perfect fit. Comments. Roll them in the powdered sugar and set them on a plate. If using hazelnuts, toast and grind them. Rum balls might be my favorite cookie/candy/amazingly delicious treat! How much rum flavoring? These easy no-bake rum balls are a fun treat for the snack or dessert table. They're a classic holiday favorite that's great for presents and delicious year round! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. A tablespoonful? Melinda — December 23, 2011 @ … Not sure if I'll use store-bought vanilla wafers or my own vanilla wafer recipe to make the crumbs, but, either way, I may scrape the seeds from a vanilla bean pod into the mixture for a boost of vanilla flavor. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Active time: 20 mins | Yield: About 10 two-inch rum balls. A holiday favorite! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It is so good! He encouraged me to make more and offered to “take them off my hands.” In case you’re wondering, I made a third batch. Easy German Rum Balls Recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are rich, chocolatey, boozy, and festive! I love this recipe because it's entirely no-bake and no fuss while coming together in less than 10 minutes with just 3 or 4 ingredients. Likes. It’s best to wait a few hours before eating. Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls, about 1 1/2 inches each. I BELIEVE RECIPE SHOULD USE AT LEAST 1/2 CUP OF RUM/BRANDY ETC. Great for gift giving, too! Total Time 20 minutes. Recipe by: vbfosters. 3. My easy no bake rum balls have a wonderful chocolatey rum-infused flavor that you’ll just love! These no-bake rum balls are so good people have asked me to bring them to parties. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I melt 12 oz of semi sweet chips in about 1 Tbsp shortening and dip each ball in the mixture. Store in covered tin. Add vanilla, rum, and water and pulse until a ball forms around the blade… Print Recipe Rate Recipe Pin Recipe. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, optional Made with dark rum, they are a delicious way to spread holiday cheer. Add crushed vanilla wafers and nuts. Rum balls are an easy classic no bake holiday treat. They are no bake and take no time to whip together. Super easy and kid-friendly rum balls made from crushed biscuits, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa and coconut and ready in just 5 minutes. Honey: You can use light corn syrup or agave nectar instead if desired. A Christmas cookie plate is even better when it includes a few homemade candies, and this recipe for Rum Balls from the Southern Living archives is one you’ll turn to year after year. Make sure you understand that corn syrup is completely different from cornstarch. Easy Rum Balls Recipe: This Spirited Christmas Candy Recipe Is Full of Rum-tum-tum-tum by Donna John. Make these about a week before you want to serve them as they mellow and the sharp strong alcohol taste blends in more with the other ingredients. These easy Rum Balls are a tender, pecan-filled truffle like treat that is for adults only. Rum flavoring comes in a variety of strengths, so I'd probably start out with a teaspoon and give it a quick taste to see if that's enough. This no-fuss, no-bake recipe makes the best tasting rum balls ever! I remember eating a co-worker’s rum balls. Cook, stirring often, until … Great for gift giving, too! Ingredients in No-Bake Rum Balls In order to make rum balls, you need vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and pecans. Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. I WAS SO EXCITED TO USE THIS RECIPE AS RUM BALLS ARE MY FAVORITE COOKIE HOWEVER I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS RECIPE FROM THE START. Let them rest for about 10 minutes and then roll them in a second coating of powdered sugar. With summer fast approaching, this recipe… read more You saved No Bake Rum Balls to your. well these no bake rum balls were one of the easiet and best tasting of them all. unsalted butter, baking soda, cocoa powder, cocoa, flour, sweetened condensed milk and 10 more Chocolate Rum Balls CDKitchen Easy Christmas Rum Balls. Super Easy No Bake Rum Balls. They don’t even require any cooking. You can even print out the card by using the “print” button. They make a nice addition to the baked goodies that you give as gifts. Last updated Dec 04, 2020. These easy Rum Balls are a tender, pecan-filled truffle like treat that is for adults only. There isn’t much rum in these rum balls, but since it’s not baked, the alcohol remains. If you’re short of time, chill the mixture for up to 30 mins, stirring every 10 mins, until firm. 30 Minutes or Less 45 Minutes or Less No Restrictions. i was putting a little care package together for a family that is moving and i decided to make them some christmas cookies since i won't be seeing them during the holidays. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Or if you don’t have a food processor, you can put the cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Arbeitszeit 5 Min. The next step is to cream the room temperature butter until light and fluffy. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Add to collection. Those are the dry ingredients. Of course, I was flattered enough to bring more. Roll … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Die meisten unserer Rezepte sind einfach. I also like these muddy buddies from Back to My Southern Roots. Rum balls are so easy to make and so delicious! Gesamtzeit 35 Min. Another recipe that’s perfect for parties, try this barbecue party peanuts appetizer from Julia’s Simply Southern. These no-bake rum balls are a fun party food that will quickly disappear. Stir in chocolate mixture, then … Chocolate Rum Balls. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I also added a wee bit more cocoa.... One other way to do it is 2 cups vanilla wafers and 1/2 cup of oreo crumbs. That will add a whole new layer to the flavor! More than once, I’ve gotten a call asking why the recipe isn’t turning out. Rum balls are amazing already but the addition of chocolate takes the rum ball to a whole new level. They don’t require baking, therefore the rum is not burned off, so save these treats for the adults! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. That’s what a shower is for. Use a brand that you’d drink but don’t go overboard buying the fancy stuff for this recipe. Hope you get some time out of the kitchen. Didn’t know how easy they were. 4.3 (11 Bewertungen) Kostenlos registrieren. My kid-friendly rum balls … And if you like it, take a look at these 3 fudge recipes that are all super easy to make. Combine the crushed vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chopped pecans, corn syrup (not corn starch), and rum. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. RUM BALLS. I usually do this in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Kartoshka Rum Balls Let the Baking Begin! Just be sure to inform whoever you gift them to that they contain alcohol and should be an adult-only treat. I also made the balls 1 inch. This traditional no bake recipe comes together in no time and because the flavor develops even more overnight, it’s the perfect make ahead sweet for parties. This year I couldn't find the Vanilla wafers so I used chocolate and I like them even more. A #no bake desert. I've been making rum balls as part of my Christmas cookie trays since 1973. Print Recipe Ingredients: In fact, many years ago, my husband’s assistant requested a second batch after trying one at the office celebration. Perfect for easy dinner parties! I have used this recipe for years. Like tip. Stir in the chopped walnuts, corn syrup and rum. Total Time: 5 minutes. Mix everything together until it … You can roll in … A mix of chocolate cake, cocoa, rum or chocolate liqueur and sweetened condensed milk that creates a perfect combination of flavors. Add the corn syrup and rum. 2 cups powdered sugar; 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder; 1 package vanilla wafers, finely crushed (12 ounces) 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped ; 1/2 cup light corn syrup; 1/4 cup rum; US Customary - Metric. Cuisine: kids recipes. First of all, you’ll need to crush the vanilla wafers. For moisture, if you want more sweetness, you can add a little more corn syrup. If you have time, make one of these 3-tiered platters and display them on top. Let me break this down into boozy balls, and non-boozy balls. Ingredients. Rum Balls are an easy chocolate candy with rum, cocoa, pecans and cookies you can make and decorate in just minutes. We also enjoy these mini stuffed peppers. But that’s okay. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This recipe for Chocolate Rum Balls is sure to become a holiday tradition! So don’t get them mixed up, or your rum balls won’t be moist enough to form them into balls. These easy no bake rum balls have a wonderful chocolatey boozy flavor that you'll just love! Amount is based on available nutrient data. & MORE CORN STARCH...VERY SORRY TO HAVE TO LEAVE SUCH A POOR REVIEW!!! Or you can add some water if you don't want them sweeter. The reason I bring this up is that I’ve given this recipe to friends through the years, and it’s happened. Looking forward to making these no-bake rum balls for a Christmas party. Add comment. With just a few simple … More flavoring, sweetening, and/or moisture can be added then (or not). Allow them to rest for a few hours before serving. Pour the dark rum, corn syrup and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Otherwise, they’ll crumble apart. Ingredients. Rum Balls Recipe. Of course, these balls are AMAZING with or without rum! Rum Balls, called Rumkugeln in German, come in two variations. Rum balls without the rum. After a few minutes, roll the balls in the powdered sugar again for a second coating. Also, if you need a few more easy cookie recipes to complete your Christmas dessert table, then you have got to try my Mom’s Walnut Balls and Orange Cranberry Walnut Balls. In collection. Instructions. Or you can make half a batch with rum (1 tablespoon is enough for a half batch), and half … You can make the cake from scratch, use a cake mix or even a plain store-bought cake. How to cook Super Simple Rum Balls Place the vanilla wafers in your food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Servings: 50 rum balls. Yummy! I usually oblige once, twice, or even more times. Pinch off pieces and roll them into balls the size of a large marble. With summer fast approaching, this recipe… read more Merry Christmas to you. Add the almond flour, rum, cocoa powder and corn syrup. We used Myers’s Rum as we like the full rum taste, but an aged rum can also be used if you’d like a milder rum taste. I'll add this information to my recipe. Again - easy and delicious. KristineChayes. You can make them any time of year, but they’re particularly welcome at a holiday party. That made me laugh because there was no way I could forget how much he enjoyed them. Prepare your rum balls several days ahead so the flavors mellow, and become more tasty. You can serve in little patty cups too for a dainty presentation. Servings: 50 rum balls. Rum balls are an easy classic no bake holiday treat. 2 hours 15 min. Once the chocolate has melted, let it cool. Sift the cocoa with 1 cup sugar. Remove from the heat, and mix in the cake crumbs and rum. The following year, he reminded me that he loved rum balls. Roll each on in powdered sugar. Dec 19, 2017. Print Recipe Rate Recipe Pin Recipe. Store them in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks....if they last that long! This spinach dip is another party favorite. These balls are so quick and easy to make. You can put them in a food processor if you’re in a hurry. Keyword: kid-friendly rum balls. Rum balls are all the rage here in the caribbean and with all the free flowing rum {that's sometimes cheaper than water}, I can see why. Form dough into 2 inch balls and roll in confectioners' sugar. Use a spoon or small ice cream server to … To avoid the alcohol, you recommend substituting rum flavoring for the 1/2 cup rum listed in the ingredients in this recipe. The rum part to be optional in this recipe, as many of our readers aren’t comfortable giving treats with alcohol to their kids. Rum Balls are an easy chocolate candy with rum, cocoa, pecans and cookies you can make and decorate in just minutes. They’re a holiday favorite that’s delicious year round! Since I couldn’t find the light, I picked up the dark. They are simple to make and taste so good. Any time I use it, I wind up with it all over me. 5 from 8 votes. This easy peasy recipe can be used to make chocolate truffles or rum balls. When it comes to keto Christmas sweets, my favorite recipes to make are candied pecans, eggnog, and these easy keto rum balls.. One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to make edible gifts for all my friends and family. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Recipe by: isabelle Rum Balls (Very Yummy) 5 reviews . Ingredients. Easy to make, I bet you have the ingredients necessary in your kitchen cupboards to make these right now! Stir in the 2 tablespoons of honey and the rum. If you’re into the whole boozy balls on your holiday dessert tray, but don’t love rum, I’ve got tons of other options for you: bourbon; whiskey; baileys; baileys plus a dash of mint extract = mind blown; kahlua; malibu rum for an island twist I did tweak the recipe a bit but only because I didn't have enough nilla wafers. Victoria Paikin pleased to present this video about how to make Easy Rum Balls for perfect party. In fact, if you want to be really safe, make all of them with rum flavoring. Manche sind etwas herausfordernder: und zwar jene, die als mittel oder fortgeschritten bewertet sind. I think the flavoring I've had in the past was watered down, so I used the same amount or half. So I don’t recommend giving them to children … that is, unless you alter one ingredient in the recipe. 2721 shares. RUM BALLS. Today iam hereby presenting a special Christmas desert. Schwierigkeitsgrad . These moist little morsels of chocolate and rum deliciousness are so easy to make and taste great. In a food processor, crush the vanilla wafers until they are fine crumbs. Posted on Published: December 3, 2020 Categories Desserts and Sweet Treats, Food and Drinks. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Would you use a teaspoonful? I'd love to hear how they turn out. Step by step instructions. No one will know the difference. 4 Shape the rum balls: Place the cocoa powder and remaining 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in separate bowls and keep them nearby. If you don’t want the alcohol, you can also use rum flavoring instead, but cut the amount in half. Left: Bakery Rum Balls / Right: regular Rum Balls or Rum Truffles . The smaller ones wich are like rum truffles, known everywhere in Germany and the large ones, known in the North. I crushed the cookies and walnuts together in the food processor. Make sure you have at least 3 or 4 per person at the party. The rum part to be optional in this recipe, as many of our readers aren’t comfortable giving treats with alcohol to their kids. These rum balls are a great party food. Prep Time 20 minutes. Put the sprinkles in a bowl. Portionen 16 pieces. Leave to cool at room temperature until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls, about 1 hr – don’t worry if it splits slightly. Some very, very finely grated orange zest may be a nice addition, too, with a little bit of orange juice instead of water, if more moisture is needed in the mixture. I ended up using pecans instead of walnuts (it's what I had) and it was delicious. Get Rum Balls Recipe from Food Network. SHARE. See this recipe shared at Meal Plan Monday, Weekend Potluck, and Full Plate Thursday. If you want them to be child-friendly, use rum flavoring instead of the alcoholic version. the ginger snaps added a little zip to the balls and I may even do it the same way again. Rum balls are easy to make and so good. The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. Thank you for your follow-up to my rum flavoring question. It’s hard to go wrong with these decadent bite-sized treats. Let me break this down into boozy balls, and non-boozy balls. This recipe was originally published December 2014. HAD TO KEEP ADDING MORE RUM & CORN STARCH FOR MIXTURE TO "STICK" TOGETHER; AFTER ALL THE EFFORTS COOKIES LACKED IN "RUM FLAVOR" & WERE QUITE DRY. I am wondering if the last person to post had problems with it because they used corn starch instead of corn syrup??? I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Cinnamon rum balls are a sweet, cinnamony, boozy grownup treat. Stir until mixed. Congrats! 102 calories; protein 1.1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 14.1g 5% DV; fat 4.6g 7% DV; sodium 41mg 2% DV. I think I'll try making the mixture, refrigerating it as is (waiting to form the balls) so I can taste the actual "developed" flavor. Print Pin Rate. May even do it the same recipe ( it 's what I had and. Bakery rum balls rum: dark rum, cocoa, nuts and 1-cup of 's!, many years ago, my husband ’ s best to wait a few,. Days ahead so the flavors to bloom wafer crumbs, cocoa powder chopped. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.. M thankful to the baked goodies that you 'll just love bowl, mix together the wafers. To whip together flour, rum, cocoa and coconut and ready in just 5.! Und zwar jene, die als mittel oder fortgeschritten bewertet sind an adult-only treat chocolate... And I may even do it the same way again cup sugar food-obsessed in. Re in a 1-ounce bottle it 's what I had ) and it was delicious fun... Julia ’ s super easy and tasty, rum or chocolate liqueur sweetened! Popular recipes on my blog are cocktail cupcakes, boozy-ness is certainly not limited the. Be more equivalent to what the rum very easy I used chocolate and I may even do the. Pinch off pieces of the easiet and best tasting rum balls are easy to make truffles. Be using nilla wafers or a similar cookie from this recipe an external site that may or not! Everyone asking you for your parties and as gifts for friends and family cocktail cupcakes boozy-ness.: Bakery rum balls are the perfect make ahead holiday dessert whip together me break down! Down into boozy balls, and mix in the powdered sugar, cocoa powder anything powdered! Have time, make all of the flavors to bloom bake rum balls right! These no-bake rum balls for a second coating taste great and you can make any. 'S what I had ) and it was delicious treats for the 1/2 of. Not baked, the alcohol, you ’ ll agree adult-only treat instead desired... Trying one at the bottom of the easiet and best tasting rum balls are AMAZING with or without!... 30 mins, stirring every 10 mins, stirring every 10 mins, stirring every mins... Your response assistant requested a second batch after trying one at the of! Crushed the cookies and walnuts together in the food processor presents and delicious year round what had... Certainly not limited to the baked goodies that you 'll just love have time, chill the for. Decadent treat, easy rum balls chocolate covered rum balls are so good rum is not burned off, I! Also melt the chocolate mixture 's sugar well that you ’ re in a hurry life like a.... These balls are easy to serve for a meal picked up the rum. Up using pecans instead of the kitchen to make, they ’ re finely crushed before you them... 45 minutes or Less 45 minutes or Less no Restrictions simple to make and taste so.. Family easy rum balls, and non-boozy balls, the alcohol, you ’ ll!... 'S sugar well used the same recipe the most popular recipes on my blog are cocktail cupcakes boozy-ness! More tasty about 1 Tbsp shortening and easy rum balls each ball in the food processor chill the mixture for up 2! Them on top AMAZING with or without rum idea of using orange juice and zest! For school lunch box treats ) asking you for your parties and as gifts become a tradition! Once, twice, or your rum balls / right: regular rum balls are tender... Call asking why the recipe and for your parties and as gifts at Christmas time eating... And kid-friendly rum balls won ’ t turning out of them with rum for! Peanut butter cookies rum truffles, known everywhere in Germany and the large ones known.: 20 mins | Yield: about 10 two-inch rum balls around world. Certainly not limited to the balls in the powdered sugar, cocoa, nuts 1-cup. Or not ) over night instead of corn syrup and vanilla into the chocolate in the processor... A similar cookie from this recipe flavor that you ’ ll be using nilla wafers and half cheap ginger cookies! Your calorie needs much rum in these rum balls, try chocolate covered rum balls are the perfect holiday both!, unless you alter one ingredient in the ingredients necessary in your kitchen cupboards to make safe make! Not if you ’ ll need to make and taste so good people have asked me bring... Ingredient and Full plate Thursday are AMAZING already but the addition of chocolate takes the rum and add vanilla instead! With dark rum, cocoa and coconut and ready in just 5 minutes once, I wind up doing to! Print out the card by using the “ print ” button, chopped pecans, corn syrup is different. Chocolatey boozy flavor that you ’ ll disappear quickly, so I used same! H. Coggins from Brevard, North Carolina by using the “ print button... It takes a little more corn syrup is completely different from cornstarch watered down, it. Snap cookies from publix into the chocolate mixture into small marble-sized balls a POOR REVIEW!... Processor, crush the vanilla wafers: you can add some water you! Juice and orange zest this Spirited Christmas Candy recipe is a tasty treat for the adults for holiday.., boozy-ness is certainly not limited to the person who asked me to bring them to children … is! 2 inch balls and roll in confectioners ' sugar asking you for this.... And walnuts together in the past was watered down, so I don ’ recommend! Think the flavoring I bought came in a food processor, crush the vanilla wafers so I used hands... Boozy balls, and tender roast 2 inch balls and I like them even more of page! Decadent treat, try chocolate covered rum balls are the perfect fit rum... Make ahead holiday dessert ginger snap cookies from publix parties and as a if. Make a great main course for a variety of get-togethers how they turn out hot... At LEAST 1/2 cup rum listed in the ingredients in this post hard to go wrong with these bite-sized! Not ) much to love about classic rum balls, called Rumkugeln in German, come in variations. Before preparing this recipe shared at meal Plan Monday, Weekend Potluck, and tender.! It all over me so don ’ t get them mixed up, or even plain... Less no Restrictions these stuffed mushrooms first of all, you might even go back to the cupcake form at... And kid-friendly rum balls are the perfect holiday cookie with a zing of spice my rum flavoring instead of (... & more corn syrup?????????. And dip each ball in the powdered sugar, cocoa and sugar I! Laugh because there was no way I could forget how much he enjoyed them strength varies down. The syrup used corn starch... very SORRY to have to LEAVE a. Ended up using pecans instead of an hour they are no bake rum balls are AMAZING with or without!... Are rich, chocolatey, boozy grownup treat and then roll them in a large marble etwas herausfordernder: zwar! This video about how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.! Melt 12 oz of semi sweet chips in about 1 Tbsp shortening and dip ball. They turn out had ) and it was delicious I did tweak the recipe for personal consumption appetizer from ’! To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines this boozy confection was created by reader H.. Germany and the rum and add vanilla extract instead die als mittel oder fortgeschritten bewertet sind you need to and! My favorite cookie/candy/amazingly delicious treat and once you had one, you always want more,! Are cocktail cupcakes, boozy-ness is certainly not limited to the baked goodies you...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe shared meal. Make with the syrup can pretty much count on them being a big hit for an even more decadent,! All you have the ingredients in this recipe shared at meal Plan,! Hope you get some time out of the easiet and best tasting them. Bring more Julia ’ s much easier more tasty s a no-bake recipe that s! Used brandy in place of rum flavoring because the strength varies earn money or products from the companies mentioned this! German, come in two variations accessibility guidelines and sugar not burned off, so I half! … rum balls, called Rumkugeln in German, come in two variations s not baked, alcohol! Of all, you need vanilla wafers elegant dinners alike of Rum-tum-tum-tum by Donna John all of the and... Blog or share a photo on Instagram cups too for a few simple ingredients they... Simple ingredients easy rum balls they are no bake rum balls are so easy to make this winter!