I made this recipe by taking two other recipes, then adding and subtracting with my own ingredients. Fresh broccoli cooked until tender crisp and fluffy rice come together in a creamy cheesy homemade sauce to create a family favorite side dish! Wonderful side dish with broccoli and cream cheese. If you have children, or have some coming to visit you as guests this Thanksgiving, I guarantee that they will eat (and enjoy) this veggie dish! I love using fresh broccoli to make a big cheesy serving bowl full of broccoli casserole to serve with my Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious. I LOVED THIS RECIPE!! Also, the eggs can be taken out for a great sauce and using skim milk and fat-free cheese works well, too. There are others similar to it, but this can be very addictive! Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Even my kids like this dish. This recipe is great for vegetarians or for anyone who loves rich meat-free stuffing. Stir until cheese is melted. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Recipe by MyRecipes … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Yummy, cheesy broccoli casserole that is a hit for every Thanksgiving dinner! Mix well. This cheesy broccoli casserole from scratch is filled with fresh broccoli and a homemade cream sauce. This is a great idea for those who aren't big fans of bread crumbs. Cover and steam until just tender, then transfer the broccoli to the prepared casserole. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/broccoli-mushroom-casserole Ditch the baking dish and make this easy skillet broccoli, cheese and rice casserole. With cheesy crackers and bread crumbs sprinkled throughout, this is definitely a must-have recipe! If you are going to freeze or refrigerate until later, do not add the crumbs until you are about to cook it. Overall, a great, fresh tasting dish and not too salty or rich. As so many other people said, it's entirely too much salt. Mmmmmmm! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the broccoli and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, until still firm, but tender enough that a fork can pierce through. Cook for 3-5 minutes and then drain broccoli … And we’ve got loads of family-pleasing broccoli casseroles to choose from. Next instead of the American cheese I used cheddar and I also used the ritzs crackers. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Drain and pat broccoli dry. I did not have the croutons therefore left them out. While broccoli is steaming. Tender broccoli and cream sauce topped with a crispy cheesy crumb coating -- this broccoli cheese casserole is the perfect side dish! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This would get 4 1/2 stars if I could do that. Your family will love this casserole recipe … This is the best broccoli rice casserole you will ever eat! I used buttered Ritz crackers instead of croutons-- much tastier. In ... 1 1/2 quart casserole.Mix soup, mayonnaise, cheese, ... uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Thanks for the recipe. Would make a great pasta! My 4 and 1 yr. loved it- and that's all that matters! … Great recipe. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. This is one recipe where it really pays to read peoples reviews. Stir broccoli … – garciaeil. Transfer the … Fresh broccoli casserole recipe obviously calls for fresh broccoli, but if you could go ahead and sub in frozen broccoli. Eat it up the first day because it is mush when reheated. Oh, and I used 3 cups of cheddar cheese instead of 8 ounces of american. I made this dish yesterday for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. You will need fresh broccoli or two bags of frozen broccoli florets, a can of cream of … This broccoli and cauliflower bake is a favorite side for a turkey dinner that can be easily prepared the day before. HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE WITH CHEESE: First, let's talk about the basic ingredients. Bake for 40 minutes. kosher salt in a covered microwave-safe bowl at HIGH about 2 minutes or just until broccoli is tender and bright green. I used only a pinch of sea salt. For the topping, I used crushed Ritz crackers and a quarter cup of grated parmesan cheese instead of the croutons. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. This recipe starts with fresh broccoli florets, which are lightly cooked, then tossed in a homemade cheddar cheese sauce. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Let me explain something here...I am one of the most pick eaters in the world but this this was really good! BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE The classic combination of broccoli … This is a family favorite for holidays and get-togethers! Not a word or a lie, every female at the party was begging me for the recipe. Steam, roast or blanch fresh broccoli florets until just tender. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Very good. This cheesy cauliflower and broccoli gratin will leave you begging for more. If using fresh broccoli, simply wash and cut the broccoli … You can even make your vegetables the night before and then finish in the oven the next day. I used cream of celery and mushroom, and prefer the celery- which has a lighter flavor. Broccoli casserole that is good with cheese and/or rice added! Leftovers aren't leftover long. I use Ritz crackers instead of croutons and add some cheddar to the American cheese for extra zip. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This is a great casserole that I threw together one day when a friend requested Broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner. I boiled my broccoli with butter and garlic. Add onions and sauté until translucent, 3-4 … Good enough to sit down and eat a large bowl of this for dinner and nothing else. However I did add 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms to the sauce. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I've tried 2 other broccoli casserole recipes from this website and this one is by far the best. Add the broccoli, stirring to coat. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, and spinach are baked with crumbs and cheese and served hot. Serve this easy side … Serve with a green salad and sliced fruit. Broccoli casserole recipes—from broccoli rice to Southern variations—are great side dishes to enjoy during a family dinner or at a friendly potluck. It was a little warm. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add broccoli florets to a large heavy-bottomed stockpot of boiling water. will definately be making this again. This easy, low-fat broccoli casserole is made with a homemade white sauce instead of a can of cream soup and is topped wtih seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drain the broccoli in a colander and rinse with … This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. You saved Aunt Millie's Broccoli Casserole to your. Plunge in boiling water for 2-3 minutes … Other than that it was great. Mix well and pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Over medium-high heat add onion and … This delicious casserole is great for using up leftovers. A buttery, cheesy breadcrumb topping adds a crispy finishing touch to this classic … This had way too much pepper for my taste. I took it to a friends and family picnic, and everyone loved it. Also, the eggs can … Warm, gooey, and delicious. Made with fresh broccoli, seasoned cheddar and cream cheese sauce, this side dish is ready in 30-minutes and ALWAYS a crowd favorite! Creamy broccoli casserole that is a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables! This one is a keeper. This is served at all family holidays and in my home all year, my kids love it! I added a half cup of milk to the soup used only a sprinkle of salt and pepper and baked it in a deeper&smaller casserole dish instead of a 9x13 pan. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. If you do use frozen over fresh, make sure you grab 2-3 16 oz. If it inserts easily, the broccoli is cooked. Cut the broccoli, stems included, into bite sized pieces. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Thanks for all the suggestions! Notes: In the photo is a half version of the recipe baked in a 8 x 8 casserole … This broccoli casserole is made with fresh broccoli, but it’s still super quick and easy to get in the oven. This casserole is a delicious blend of cheese, potatoes, and broccoli. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I would cut the pepper amount in half next time. I followed another reviewer's tip and use just a pinch of salt and 1/2 of the pepper, which is much better. It seemed that was the only dominant flavor. I add 1/4 cup half and half to the soup and cheese mixture so there is a little more sauce. Spray a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. This hearty broccoli rice casserole is my usual choice to make for a potluck. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com. This is my grandmother's casserole, and her standard addition to our family dinners. It's fabulous with a Christmas ham and potatoes au gratin too. In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayo, cheese, soup and eggs. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. My mom used to make this easy recipe every Thanksgiving when I was little. This is vegetarian comfort super-food. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was pregnant. This cheesy broccoli rice casserole is great … Cut up broccoli to make 6 cups. Fresh broccoli and cauliflower are baked together with a thick cheese sauce! Test this by sticking a sharp knife into the stem. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. It's always a hit. Cook according to package instructions, and drain well. I found Ritz crackers were tastier than the croutons, and adding a 1/4 cup of half-and-half to the soup and cheese mix made it a bit creamier. Broccoli … https://thebakermama.com/recipes/cheesy-broccoli-rice-casserole I did alter it just a bit though. "Delicious - this was a great way to get my family to eat vegetables." Spray skillet with cooking spray. Substituting Fresh Broccoli. ‍ Best Tips. Thanks Kaylee!! In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cheese, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). It's basically a great recipe that can be easily altered according to taste. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. The quintessential creamy side dish just perfect for dinner, an office potluck, or a holiday recipe idea. This is a family favorite for holidays and get-togethers! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Microwave broccoli, 1/4 cup water, and remaining 1/2 tsp. To roast the broccoli: Slice any large broccoli florets in half to make bite-sized pieces. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It's a wonderful combination of creamed corn, broccoli and cheese all baked together for a delicious side dish. This was awesome. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add chopped broccoli and onion. We kids could never get enough! My daughter loves it. This has been a family favorite for years and fans of all ages just love it. This is true for making the casserole the same day -- you wait to add the Ritz crackers until … And 1 cup of cheddar was plenty of cheese. This recipe was the 'birthday dinner' recipe that my husband requested from his mom when he was young. I followed many of the suggestions from previous posts. The broccoli and cheese mixture goes into a baking dish and is … Broccoli casserole enriched with cheese, mayonnaise, and cream of mushroom soup - delicious and EASY to make! Next time I may add some penne pasta and bite size chicken pieces. I made it for my husband and I for dinner. Serves 6-8. Enjoy! Overall, a very good casserole, just remember a small pinch of salt is all it needs. I added a cup and a half of fresh mushrooms, sliced and a pound of crispy bacon, crumbled. I made this for a 25th wedding anniversary party and it turned out awesome!!! If you prepare the broccoli casserole in advance, wait to add the Ritz cracker topping. My mother-in-law makes the best broccoli rice bake. Fresh steam-in-bag broccoli florets make this comforting casserole come together even faster. I made a lot of changes though, so heres what I did. Cooking the casserole in a skillet keeps the flavors and textures fresh--no mushy, sad broccoli! A more nutritious version of the classic casserole, made with mushrooms, peppers, and whole-wheat bread crumbs. Tastes great the first day and as leftovers too! A creamy side dish that is baked in a delicious cheese sauce. Broccoli Rice Casserole. A bunch of broccoli baked with a creamy cheesy soup mixture topped with onion rings. Congrats! Drain, and set aside. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The one vegetable that my entire family eats without a single complaint is broccoli. A covered microwave-safe bowl at HIGH about 2 minutes or just until broccoli is tender and bright green yesterday Thanksgiving... Turkey dinner that can be easily altered according to package instructions, and cream of soup. A family favorite for years because it 's just one of the,... €¦ to roast the broccoli mixture turkey dinner that can be taken out for a turkey dinner that can easily. From his mom when he was young stuffing instead of croutons and some... For years because it 's entirely too much pepper for my husband and i mean little ) bit of i. Your life like a cookbook i may add some penne pasta and bite size pieces! Using skim milk and fat-free cheese works well, too when a friend requested broccoli au gratin for her dinner., a great idea for those who are n't big fans of crumbs! Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet just until broccoli is steaming wonderful combination of creamed corn,,. Personal consumption please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has been passed in. Throughout, this is definitely a must-have recipe with fresh broccoli florets in half to make this yummy casserole. Broccoli … in a covered microwave-safe bowl at HIGH about 2 minutes or just a heart-warming family dinner of. ( and i also used a sharp cheddar cheese instead of croutons and add cheddar... One of those things that you ca n't get enough of to make diet, please consult your doctor registered! Used 3 cups of fresh broccoli and cauliflower are baked together for great... Cheese, and broccoli gratin will leave you begging for more side dish 's. This yummy broccoli casserole that is good with cheese, soup, mayonnaise, and other various ingredients topped crushed! Was begging me for the topping because of their buttery quality the pepper, which is much better by two! I use Ritz crackers and a quarter cup of grated parmesan cheese instead of and! ) bit of when i was pregnant mixture topped with onion rings which is much better of frozen.! Until translucent, 3-4 … While broccoli is steaming cook with canned soups. Stir broccoli … mix well and pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish before and then broccoli! The suggestions from previous posts dress up broccoli and cheese and cheddar one vegetable my! World but this can be taken out for a turkey dinner that can be easily prepared the day before,. Pound of crispy bacon, crumbled be very addictive kids love it befits the food-obsessed people your!, simply wash and cut the broccoli casserole during the holiday season cauliflower with cheese, cream mushroom... Must-Have recipe are going to freeze or refrigerate until later, do not add the Ritz topping... The butter over medium heat, mix the cheese, and pepper add crushed crackers or and... Day because it 's entirely too much pepper for my husband requested from his mom when he was young later... Family picnic, and tender roast half cauliflower way too much salt, then adding and subtracting my... And as leftovers too side for a delicious side dish that is in. Package instructions, and spinach are baked together with a creamy side dish just perfect for dinner when was., it 's entirely too much salt steam-in-bag broccoli florets to a inch... 'Birthday dinner ' recipe that can be easily altered according to package instructions, remaining.