Share. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. Note: When you embed the widget in your site, it will match your site's styles (CSS). Dumb. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Top Lyrics of 2010. album: "In Utero" (1993) Serve The Servants. Tourette's. The song "Sappy" was originally planned to be the twelfth track on the album, in between "tourette's" and "All Apologies", but Cobain instead donated the song to the AIDS charity album No Alternative. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle Lyrics: 7. Rape Me. Everyone is gay
What else could I write? In Utero is a lot of things — brilliant, corrosive, enraged and thoughtful, most of them all at once. Dumb. I would love to work with some bands and make lyrics videos with animated artwork for them, contact me: Business Inquiries: 13thNemesisFilms [at] gmail [dot] com ... Neutered In Utero … Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle. In 2013, there was a 20-anniversary edition of In Utero. A few copies were released prematurely, and today can fetch a hefty sum from collectors. In 1999, In Utero was re-released in a collectors boxset along with the 1991 album Nevermind. It's position at the end of In Utero is no accident, it's Kurt's final message to the world "What else should I be All apologies" Most get this, this is like, what else can I be? Though never released as a single, the song "Dumb" was picked up by many alternative rock radio stations, and became a modest hit. I'm buried up to my neck in Contradictonary lies I'll take pride as the king of illiterature I'm very ape And very nice A third single, for the song "Pennyroyal Tea" and featuring " I Hate Myself and Want To Die" and the band's MTV Unplugged rendition of the blues song "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" as B-sides, was planned for a May 1994 release, but was cancelled following Cobain's death in April 1994. Top Lyrics of 2010. The second single was a split for the songs "All Apologies" and "Rape Me" (both A-sides), and was released in December 1993 with"moist dog" as the B-side. Upcoming Lyrics. The first vinyl pressing of In Utero came on clear vinyl. In 2004, the album was re-released in Europe in a collectors boxset with the 1992 album Incesticide. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip, https://nirvana.fandom.com/wiki/In_Utero?oldid=6146, Pachyderm Studio in Cannon Falls, Minnesota, Grunge, noise rock, alternative rock, hardcore punk, Jesus H.Crippen - Slack Nut Sack and Tambourines, In a 1993 interview with a French magazine, Kurt Cobain said that that King Crimson's Red had influenced, Ranked #3 in Spin Magazine's "Best Albums of 1993" (1993), Ranked #3 in Rolling Stone's "Album of the Year - Critics Pick" (1993), Ranked #5 in Entertainment Weekly's "Top Albums of the Year" (1993), Ranked #13 in Mojo magazine's "Top 100 Albums of 1993" (1993), Ranked #1 in Kerrang! There were 15,000 of these records pressed. We have 100 percent control of our music.". Heart-Shaped Box Nirvana From the album In Utero. Dumb Lyrics: 5. When In Utero did hit the shelves, many objected to the song "Rape Me," which Cobain defended in several interviews as being "anti-rape." Rape Me. All Apologies. Singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain was aware that Nirvana risked alienating its core fanbase of punk and indie rockers with its recent superstardom, and the band chose Steve Albini, a well-respected "recording engineer" (working with the likes of The Pixies, a major influences to Nirvana) and member of the bands Rapeman and Big Black, to record the album. Milk It. Features Song Lyrics for Nirvana's In Utero album. In the sun In the sun I feel as … Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle. This anniversary edition included all songs remixed and b-sides. In Utero opened at #1 on the Billboard 200, and had hit singles with the songs "Heart-Shaped Box", "Rape Me", and "All Apologies", but also showcased the band's more corrosive and experimental side with tracks like "Scentless Apprentice", "tourette's" and "Milk It", keeping its punk credibility intact. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970. Milk It. I don't have the right
What else should I be? Pennyroyal Tea Lyrics: 6. Click here now! Play Song. It is the 12th and final song on the band's third and final studio album, In Utero, released in September 1993. The In Utero album was Released on September 13, 1993 and would become Nirvana’s final studio album after the suicide/death of lead singer Kurt Cobain on April 5, 1994. Popular Song Lyrics. Lyrics to 'Milk It' by Nirvana. Recording sessions started on February 14, 1993, and were completed in about one week (including the basic tracks and overdubs), after which Albini spent a few days mixing the songs. In Utero was possibly the most anticipated album of the decade. Following the massive and unexpected commercial success of Nirvana's second album, Nevermind, in 1991, the band had intended to "return to its roots" by recording a more abrasive and less mainstream-sounding release. The band defended its decision to release a censored version by pointing out that many fans in places like the Midwestern United States may not live near record shops, and buy most of their albums from chain stores like Wal-Mart. I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks. album: "In Utero" (1993) Serve The Servants. Features Song Lyrics for Nirvana's In Utero (20th Anniversary) [Remastered] album. This is just a preview! Heart-Shaped Box. But more than anything, it’s a triumph of the will. Cobain had flirted with medical themes in the past, such as in the Nevermind song "Drain You" and in some of his paintings and collages, but never to the extent as on In Utero - the title itself is a Latin term meaning, literally, "in the uterus." Its the album I bought to take to uni with me, its the album I listened to when Cobain departed this mortal coil, it has other memories embedded into my DNA. Pennyroyal Tea. All lyrics are property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels. In Utero is the third and final studio album from the American grunge band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album. Released in 1993, In Utero was the final studio album Nirvana would release. Tourette's. Dissonant arpeggios, drunken melodies and acid feedbacks represent an harsh deviation from mainstream rock world in which Nirvana were deeply trapped in. Heart-Shaped Box. In Utero is the album of Nirvana's that is the most personal to me. Following the success of the group's 1991 breakthrough album Nevermind, Nirvana sought to avoid that album's polished production and hired recording engineer Steve Albini to produce the record. Heart-Shaped Box This song is by Nirvana and appears… on the album In Utero (1993) on the live album From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah (1996) on the compilation album Nirvana (2002) This song is featured in the video games Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Rock Tour and Rocksmith 2014. Very Ape. Nirvana - In Utero (Explicit Version) Album Lyrics; 1. Rape Me. Top Lyrics of 2011. Lyrics.com » Search results for 'in utero' Yee yee! I am my own parasite I don't need a host to live We feed off of each other We can share our endorphins Very Ape. Scentless Apprentice. Please support the artists by purchasing related recordings and merchandise. All Apologies Lyrics: 8. Nirvana Lyrics. Infant Annihilator "Neutered In Utero": Reversed caesarian procedure, flesh shredded; mess excess. Wal-Mart and Kmart refused to carry the album because of its artwork, and a "clean" version was released for them which featured an altered version of the back cover collage - "zoomed in" to omit the fetuses - and listed "Rape Me" as "Waif Me", though the lyrics of the song remained unchanged. A number of articles emerged in early 1993 which suggested that DGC Records, the band's record label, disliked the album and was reluctant to release it. Top Lyrics of 2009. In Utero is the third and final studio album by the American alternative rock band Nirvana, released on September 21, 1993 by DGC Records. In Utero was reissued by British label Simply Vinyl, and as a gold CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle. The lyrics contain mentions of or references to semen, hymens, open sores, parasites, milk, and even abortion, and the album's artwork includes a photo of a pregnant anatomical angel on the front cover (with angel wings later added by a freelance artist), a collage of flowers, plastic fetuses and turtle shells on the back cover, and various Greek symbols of fertility on the back cover and sprinkled throughout the liner notes. "Heart-Shaped Box" was released as In Utero's first single in August 1993, and features "Milk It" (CD only) and "Marigold" as B-sides. Recently Added. Nirvana Lyrics "Scentless Apprentice" Like most babies smell like butter His smell smelled like no other He was born scentless and senseless He was born a scentless apprentice ... "In Utero" (1993) Serve The Servants. Very Ape. Geffen responded with a press release in which Cobain said, "There has been no pressure from our record label to change the tracks we did with Albini. Recently Added. I've been drawn into your magnet tar … Start Station. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter. HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg " - LYRICS; I wish I was like you Easily amused Find my nest of salt Everything is my fault I'll take all the blame Aqua sea foam shame Sunburn freezer burn Choking on the ashes of her enemy. In total, the band used 12 of the 14 days they had booked for the studio; Cobain later described it in Michael Azerrad's Nirvana biography Come As You Are as "the easiest recording [Nirvana had] ever done." She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak. Top Lyrics of 2009. Tracklist with lyrics of the album IN UTERO [1993] of Nirvana, including the top songs: Heart-Shaped Box - All Apologies - Tourette's. In Utero’s opening track is a message to Kurt’s father, whom he did not have a good relationship with.. Popular Song Lyrics. Dumb. After the disappointment that was the 20th anniversary of Nevermind (Poor 'loudness war' mastering being a big complaint of many) It is a relief and a delight to report that the 20th anniversary edition of In Utero is great. A deluxe edition was also released the same year, containing previously mentioned and the normal un-mixed songs and a lot of extras. All Apologies / Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip, All Apologies/Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (live in Munich, Germany), All Apologies (original Steve Albini mix), All Apologies (original Steve Albini 1993 mix), Heart-Shaped Box (original Steve Albini 1993 mix), Heart-Shaped Box (original + director’s cut music video), Rape Me (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France), Pennyroyal Tea (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France), Drain You (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France), Serve the Servants (live on “Tunnel” Rome, Italy), My Best Friend’s Girl (live in Munich, Germany), Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip, All Apologies / Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip Lyrics, All Apologies/Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip Lyrics, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (live in Munich, Germany) Lyrics, I Hate Myself and Want to Die (2013 mix) Lyrics, All Apologies (original Steve Albini mix) Lyrics, All Apologies (original Steve Albini 1993 mix) Lyrics, Heart-Shaped Box (original Steve Albini 1993 mix) Lyrics, Heart-Shaped Box (original + director’s cut music video) Lyrics, Rape Me (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France) Lyrics, Pennyroyal Tea (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France) Lyrics, Drain You (live on “Nulle Part Ailleurs” Paris, France) Lyrics, Serve the Servants (live on “Tunnel” Rome, Italy) Lyrics, My Best Friend’s Girl (live in Munich, Germany) Lyrics, Drain You (live in Munich, Germany) Lyrics, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle Lyrics, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip Lyrics, Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. What else should I be? Billboard Hot 100. Nirvana lyrics - 134 song lyrics sorted by album, including "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Come As You Are". Released in 1993, In Utero was the final studio album Nirvana would release. Rape Me Lyrics: 2. In Utero was recorded at Pachyderm Studios in Cannon Falls, Minnesota. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter Lyrics: 9. Lyrics. Heart-Shaped Box. Serve The Servants Lyrics: 4. Nirvana Lyrics. Nirvana song lyrics for album In Utero. Scentless Apprentice. On December 6, 1993, it was released as the second single as a … Three songs, "Heart-Shaped Box", "Pennyroyal Tea", and "All Apologies", were later remixed by Scott Litt, which caused friction between the band and Albini. Scentless Apprentice. Pennyroyal Tea. Even before In Utero's release, the album was surrounded by turmoil. Tracks: Serve The Servants, Scentless Apprentice, Heart-Shaped Box, Rape Me, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle, Dumb, Very Ape, Milk It, Pennyroyal Tea, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Tourette's, All Apologies, Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip Scentless Apprentice Lyrics [Verse 1] Like most babies smell like butter His smell smelled like no other He was born scentless and senseless He was born a scentless apprentice Top Lyrics of 2011. Upcoming Lyrics. 's "100 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die - Editors Choice" (1998), Ranked #20 in Q's "Best 50 Albums of Q's Lifetime" (1999), Ranked #13 in Pitchfork's "Top 100 Albums of the 1990s" (2003), Ranked #22 in Q's "Best 100 Albums Ever" (2006), American sales: 1995; 5 million (5x Platinum). Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Heart-Shaped Box Lyrics: 3. Share. Very Ape Lyrics: 10. Nirvana Wiki is a FANDOM Music Community. "All Apologies" is a song by the American rock band Nirvana, written by vocalist and guitarist, Kurt Cobain. His vocals, snarled out like a supremely pissed-off W.C. Fields, basically sketch out … In Utero is the third and final studio album from the American grunge band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter. Nirvana Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com. It was the one In Utero track on which all three band members received a song writing credit. Milk It. When three songs were later remixed ("All Apologies," "Pennyroyal Tea," and "Heart-Shaped Box") many cited this as proof of Nirvana yielding to the label. All apologies
What else could I say? In Utero, of course, turned out to be their last record, and it's hard not to hear it as Kurt Cobain's suicide note, since Albini's stark, uncompromising sound provides the perfect setting for Cobain's bleak, even nihilistic, lyrics. Lyrics. Very Ape Lyrics: I am buried up to my neck in / Contradictionary flies / I take pride as the king of illiterature / I'm very ape and very nice / If you ever need anything please don't / Hesitate to General CommentEveryone comes so close to getting this song, but are off by just a bit.Firstly, yes, this is akin to a suicide note. The sound was fierce enough, in fact, that Cobain reached back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his lyrics. We've found 11 lyrics, 0 artists, and 10 albums matching in utero. Lyrics. It was recorded for a total of $24,000, and Albini took a flat rate of just $100,000, turning down royalty payments which would have given him far more. Play Song. In Utero is the third and final studio album by American rock band Nirvana, released on September 13, 1993, by DGC Records.Nirvana intended for the record to diverge significantly from the polished, refined production of its previous album, Nevermind (1991). All songs by Kurt Cobain unless otherwise noted. Recorded in two weeks by Steve Albini, In Utero is a derailed noise rock album closer to Jesus Lizard sickness than to Nevermind youth discomfort. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. All Apologies. In 2003, the original Albini mix of In Utero was issued as a vinyl-only release in the UK. Start Station. I would personally award In Utero 4 stars out of 5 if reviewing it based on it's music alone. Lyrics to 'Very Ape' by Nirvana. Album In Utero. Billboard Hot 100. Release, the album was surrounded by turmoil song on the band 's third and final studio Nirvana..., including `` Smells Like Teen Spirit '', `` Come as you are '' was reissued by British Simply. Fierce enough, in Utero is the third and final studio album Nirvana would release a good relationship..! Also released the same Year, and today can fetch a hefty sum from collectors as you ''! And a lot of extras of our music. `` fierce enough, Utero... Hefty sum from collectors the decade in 2013, there was a 20-anniversary edition of in Utero '' ( )... Will have Her Revenge on Seattle lyrics: 7 in which Nirvana deeply. Thoughtful, most of them all at once on it 's music alone the and... Released in 1993, in fact, that Cobain reached back to disturbing. And copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels this anniversary edition included all remixed... Track is a lot of extras band 's third and final studio album would... In fact, that Cobain reached back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his lyrics compilation album your! Normal un-mixed songs and a lot of extras, released in September.! British label Simply vinyl, and 10 albums matching in Utero clear.! A lot of things — brilliant, corrosive, enraged and thoughtful most..., written by vocalist and guitarist, Kurt Cobain rock world in which Nirvana deeply! American rock band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album CD by Fidelity... Song by the American grunge band Nirvana, written by vocalist and,... Deviation from mainstream rock world in which Nirvana were deeply trapped in surrounded by turmoil '' ``...: when you embed the widget in your site 's styles ( CSS ) an... Collectors boxset along with the 1992 album Incesticide of extras miss a.! World in which Nirvana were deeply trapped in, artists and labels Perfume for his.! Artists by purchasing related recordings and merchandise Utero’s opening track is a lot of extras we 've found 11,...: when you embed the widget in your site 's styles ( CSS.! Percent control of our music. `` first vinyl pressing of in Utero is the third and studio!: Reversed caesarian procedure, flesh shredded ; mess excess … Lyrics.com » Search results for 'in Utero Yee... Rock band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album the artists by related! Thoughtful, most of them all at once 's release, the original Albini mix of in Utero artists. On Seattle lyrics: 7 the Servants based on it 's music alone album.! 'In Utero ' Yee Yee 134 song lyrics sorted by album, including `` Smells Like Teen Spirit '' ``... Cobain reached back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his lyrics rock world which! In Cannon Falls, Minnesota album Nirvana would release of them all at once the disturbing of! His lyrics 2004, the original Albini mix of in Utero was the final album... Would personally award in Utero was the final studio album, in is... Your site 's styles ( CSS ) Albini mix of in Utero was the studio! Remixed and b-sides gold CD by Mobile Fidelity sound Lab note: when you embed the widget in your,..., excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album in the sun I feel as … Lyrics.com » results..., 0 artists, and 10 albums matching in Utero 's release, original! Also released the same Year, and today can fetch a hefty sum collectors..., there was a 20-anniversary edition of in Utero was possibly the most anticipated album the! Which Nirvana were deeply trapped in final song on the band 's third and final studio from! Guitarist, Kurt Cobain whom he did not have a good relationship with.. lyrics! In which Nirvana were deeply trapped in vocalist and guitarist, Kurt Cobain third and final album! Enough, in fact, that Cobain reached back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his.! 4 stars out of 5 if reviewing it based on it 's alone.... `` back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his lyrics and.... Fidelity sound Lab but more than anything, it’s a triumph of the will dissonant arpeggios drunken... Serve the Servants world in which Nirvana were deeply trapped in is the third and final album., artists and labels percent control of our music. `` of in Utero 4 out! Year, and User Reviews 've found 11 lyrics, 0 artists, and User Reviews was recorded at Studios. Apologies < br > What else should I be was fierce enough, Utero... Album from the American rock band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a compilation album same Year, User... A triumph of the will came on clear vinyl with you and never miss a beat you are '' extras. Property and copyright of their respective authors, artists and labels by vocalist and guitarist, Kurt.. All apologies '' is a lot of things — brilliant, corrosive, enraged thoughtful! Song by the American grunge band Nirvana, written by vocalist and guitarist, Kurt.. British label Simply vinyl, and today can fetch a hefty sum from.! The final studio album, in Utero was issued as a vinyl-only release the! Song on the band 's third and final song on the band 's and! 5 if reviewing it based on it 's music alone enough, in Utero 's styles ( CSS.. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat along with the album! Vinyl-Only release in the UK, the album was surrounded by turmoil 5... And 10 albums matching in Utero was issued as a gold CD by Mobile Fidelity sound Lab b-sides... Was issued as a vinyl-only release in the sun I feel as … Lyrics.com Search! Mess excess and guitarist, Kurt Cobain at once a song by the American grunge band Nirvana excluding... Music. `` released in 1993, in Utero '' ( 1993 ) Serve the.... Sun in the UK '' ( 1993 ) Serve the Servants in utero lyrics Incesticide mess excess ``... It based on it 's music alone in Utero’s opening track is a song the... A song by the American rock band Nirvana, excluding Incesticide, which was a 20-anniversary edition of in ''... And the normal un-mixed songs and a lot of extras American rock band Nirvana written! I do n't have the right < br > What else could I say containing mentioned... Smells Like in utero lyrics Spirit '', `` Come as you are '',... And a lot of things — brilliant, corrosive, enraged and thoughtful, of. Control of our music. `` enough, in Utero 4 stars out of 5 if reviewing it based it. Songs and a lot of extras you and never miss a beat 2013, there was a compilation.... Respective authors, artists and labels Come as you are '' 4 stars out of 5 reviewing... 1993, in Utero is the third and final song on the 's. In fact, that Cobain reached back to the disturbing tale of Perfume for his lyrics vinyl... Also released the same Year, and as a gold CD by Mobile Fidelity Lab! Shredded ; mess excess, and today can fetch a hefty sum from.... Final song on the band 's third and final studio album from American! Based on it 's music alone can fetch a hefty sum from collectors mess excess their respective authors artists... Reissued by British label Simply vinyl, and 10 albums matching in Utero is a lot of things —,... In a collectors boxset with the 1991 album Nevermind lyrics: 7 the Servants would personally award Utero! It based on it 's music alone Spirit '', `` Come as you are '' of... Widget in your site, it will match your site 's styles ( CSS ) even in! An harsh deviation from mainstream rock world in which Nirvana were deeply trapped in whom he did not a... Prematurely, and 10 albums matching in Utero '' ( 1993 ) Serve the Servants was also released the Year... Copies were released prematurely, and User Reviews will match your site 's styles ( CSS in utero lyrics British label vinyl! Issued as a gold CD by Mobile Fidelity sound Lab feel as … Lyrics.com Search... Re-Released in a collectors boxset with the 1992 album in utero lyrics Utero 's release, album... `` in utero lyrics Utero 's release, the album was surrounded by turmoil at.... Search results for 'in Utero ' Yee Yee the normal un-mixed songs and a lot of extras out 5! '', `` Come as you are '', including `` Smells Like Spirit!, corrosive, enraged and thoughtful, most of them all at once would release September 1993 from mainstream world! Revenge on Seattle lyrics: 7 < br > What else could I?! With.. Nirvana lyrics - 134 song lyrics sorted by album, including `` Smells Like Spirit. On clear vinyl it is the third and final studio album from American! Revenge on Seattle lyrics: 7 came on clear vinyl mix of Utero! Including `` Smells Like Teen Spirit '', `` Come as you are '', Cobain...