Layer by layer, we took the best features of high-priced name brand mattresses and improved them to create one perfect mattress. Luckily, there was not much of a smell to report! The Classic Brands Cool Gel did great at this; the mattress features a soft yet very resilient top cover, so all 40 interviewees reported no tears at all. amzn_assoc_asins = "B073FXHYVG"; Dromma is a 100% Made in America mattress with triple layer, cooling gel memory foam. A perfect mattress for most sleeping positions. The Classic Brands 7 in. Inside the Saatva Classic, our most popular mattress. This factor was very difficult to test since most of the customers I interviewed actually ended up placing mattress protectors or pads over the surface, so the jury’s kind of out on this one. To test feel & firmness, I set the mattress on a foundation mattress and slept on it for a week, taking notes to provide an aggregate report of how it felt overall, and how firm it was. That is to say, it did smell, but it was not strong at all. Each category is broken up into many subcategories, and we are always updating and improving our system. The bottom layer of the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch memory foam mattress is a 6-inch thick base foam layer to provide bottom support and prevent sinkage. This is because, on average, side and stomach sleepers naturally need a softer sleeping surface than back sleepers to attain the same level of comfort. We at Zen Sleeping believe that a mattress with a score of >70 passes our performance standards. I award 15 out of 20 points in this section. – Made without PBDE flame retardants amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; It’s similar to the Zenhaven, but has actual third party certifications. Have you seen http://www.loomandleaf.com or http://www.zenhaven.com ? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. A more durable mattress typically will be able to release stubborn stains easier, and secondly, who likes to sleep on mattresses with stains?! Also, I did not report tossing and turning at all. Classic Brands 100,000 square foot facility is located just outside of Baltimore, Maryland. The majority of those 15 happened to be side sleepers, with some of them also being lightweight, thus making them naturally more sensitive to firm mattresses. The top layer is 3 inches of cool gel memory foam, carrying a medium-firm level density of 4 lb pcf. Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate gel memory foam 14-inch mattress comes with two shredded foam pillows for promotion. Classic Brands said it is "disappointed" with a recent preliminary determination made by the International Trade Commission in the mattress antidumping case. We Found Our Affordable American-Made Sofa. http://www.acmebeddingcompany.com/ Acme Bedding. – Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality. Again, all 40 customers I interviewed noted no surface or edge abrasions with the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch. In 2002, … Of the 50 customers I interviewed, 35 of them thought the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch was a perfect fit for them. That is not the case with Classic Brands, though – or else I would not even go through with the review. Normally this is a deal-breaker, as I only like to review mattresses made in the USA. The Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch offers a Cool Gel memory foam layer thickness of 3 inches, which carries a density of 4lb pcf. As of the dating of this post, you are getting a very budget-friendly deal for a 12-inch memory foam mattress with a lot to offer. If firmness is an issue for you, consider getting a mattress topper, or even purchasing this memory foam mattress as a bed for the guest room. They also make these in Shelbyville, Tennessee. We then cut out the middle man to deliver that exceptional comfort, durability, and value straight to your room. Stain release refers to how effectively the mattress can release stains. Located in Muskegon, MI. We hire 3rd-party engineers and use public data to rate mattresses on over 25 criteria we believe important. However, as you will see in the next section, they disclose enough about their materials and quality control for me to trust that their memory foam mattresses are not harmful or made with dangerous chemicals.3 out of 5 points awarded here. Last Updated: May 2017 Classic Brands has been producing mattresses since 1971. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; I let the mattress air out in a well-ventilated room without any covers for 48 hours, and by then the smell had completely vanished. Believe it or not, they actually came to be popularly known by becoming a main producer of waterbeds. This is as ideal as it gets for the top layer of a memory foam mattress, as I usually prefer to see a thickness of at least 3 inches, and a density of 2 to 4 lb pcf. It’s also a step above Casper. Personally, the mattress did not perform as well as I’d expect in this section; seeing as it is a gel-infused memory foam mattress, my expectation was a cool sleeping experience. Overall, the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch memory foam mattress felt quite comfortable for my 200lb frame. After having tested the feel, firmness, and durability of the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, I believe it deserves 17 points out of 20 points for this section. They have another warehouse in Los Angeles, California so they can easily reach out to their customers who are on the other side of the United States. amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; The Zinus 12-inch is A Green Tea-Infused Miracle Mattress. So, I award 15 out of 20 points for this section. So, let’s go! These layers effectively act as the middle support layers of the mattress, and are supposed to provide cooling capabilities as they are made of gel-infused foam. 5 out of 5 points here. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Have you seen https://drommabed.com? Zen Sleeping is your one-stop resource for all things related to sleep. The New Sleep Memoir 12-inch: Unbelievable Comfort! amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Welcome to Classic Foam Buy mattresses online and enjoy the luxury of good quality at affordable ... Vile Parle West, Mumbai - 400056 Mattresses & Accessories We have 500+ products and the best global brands in the industry available for you. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; A few other American made mattresses: Dutch Craft mattresses made in Celina, Tennessee. Overall length: My wife and I are both 5’ 9” and the mattress is shorter than the standard Queen Size mattress. Yes, they’re made in China. It wasn’t hot enough to make me sweat or very uncomfortable, but I definitely used less blankets while sleeping on this mattress… or else I would’ve been much too hot. Classic Brands Cool Gel 2.0 Ultimate Memory Foam Mattress is made of high-quality and premium pressure-relieving foam. This hybrid mattress is made up of individually wrapped innerspring coils to reduce motion transfer and gel memory foam, ... A great night of sleep starts with the perfect mattress. Instead, most nights the mattress felt not cool or even neutral, but quite warm. 5-Inch Innerspring Sofa Mattress; Conclusion. For Zen Sleeping standards, this is pretty much optimal. Therefore if you are a side sleeper and prefer medium-level firmness memory foam, I would recommend you purchase a memory foam topper with the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch memory foam mattress, or a more soft memory foam mattress altogether. They’re both American made luxury mattresses, one is memory foam and the other one is Latex. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "captdapp-20"; Classic Brands is a mattress manufacturer founded in 1971 that is based in Jessup, MD in the United States. An in-depth review of the Cool Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress. To provide an accurate review of heat regulation, I recorded how hot I felt during a week’s worth of sleeping on this mattress, and also consulted with my 50 verified purchasers to gauge their opinions. Sink, or Success? Garment construction refers to how resistant the mattress is to tears at the seams, body and sleeves. Most customers report a slight smell that lasts for a couple days. The 5 Biggest Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Mattress Online, The Sleep Azza Mattress – New, Innovative, and Top-Notch. The Classic Brands mattress has a basic, knit polyester sock cover, similar to those on most foam mattresses in this price range. Tualatin Sleep Products also manufactures other brands Eclipse,Eastman House. My wife and I really enjoy the Eco Terra – https://ecoterrabeds.com. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It’s important for two reasons: durability and aesthetics. Casper memory foam mattresses are not made in the US but in China and shipped to warehouses through out the US. Classic Brands also offers accessories such as pillows, bed frames, etc. Back then, they were known as the Classic Corporation and the company specialized in waterbeds. Each collection contains a number of models that differ in thickness and firmness. A themed home is a seriously unique concept. After adding up the totals of each section, we are glad to report that the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Memory Foam Mattresses has attained a Zen Sleeping Score of 85! Get the Garden Growing: Memorial Day 2019, Perfectly Imperfect: Our $29 Dining Room Table. Oh and Corsicana Bedding from Corsicana, Texas. Learn how your comment data is processed. In our attempt to furnish the house with only secondhand or American made products, I found myself researching mattresses that are manufactured in the United States. And, the cool gel works - keeping the mattress from overheating. I award 5 out of 5 points for the support layer check! (503)692-5510. I think that this mattress should not be discounted just because I didn’t find it to be a cool or neutral sleeping experience; on the other hand, if you are very sensitive to heat and strictly require a cool mattress, I would look elsewhere. amzn_assoc_asins = "B01FENSZKE,B0071N01PI,B017P5E468,B001A2SJO6"; Materials: The support base consists of 13-gauge steel coils that are individually wrapped for precise contortionto the body. However, the majority of my interviewees reported actually feeling quite neutral during the night while sleeping on the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch memory foam mattress. Hybrid Mattress. Classic Brands is an American company holding their headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. They are the perfect candidates to rate these factors as they have used, washed, dried, and generally observed any wear and tear of the mattress over a considerably longer period of time than I have. King Koil made its presence in 1983 and has since established as one of most renowned mattress brands both locally and internationally. For all of these factors, I turned to my trustworthy verified purchasers who have owned the product for more than 6 months. However, the ratings of the two previous factors are good enough to convince me that the mattress probably rates well here as well. Surface / edge abrasion refers to how resistant the memory foam mattress is against wearing away when rubbed against another surface. Classic Brands Cool Gel and Ventilated Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress CertiPUR-US Certified, Twin, White So, I would highly recommend the mattress to anyone who either sleeps on their back and likes medium-level firm memory foam, or sleeps on their stomach/sides and likes hard-level firmness. Brands we own – Apollo, Brunswick, Douglas, Juno, Logan & Cove, Novosbed, Podium, and Recore – are reviewed and advertised where indicated. Everyone’s mileage will vary when it comes to smell as there are many factors to take into account (human sensitivity, how long was the mattress packaged for, etc), so as long as a clear majority of customers didn’t have terrible experiences, I believe the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch will not both you smell-wise. Englander been into making Mattresses for over 125 yrs. Avocado is newer on the market, but prides itself in offering high-quality all-natural mattresses made in California. Under the top layer is a unique 3-tiered system of two support layers at 1.5 inches thick of high density foam, and one high density layer of base foam. They make both innerspring and latex mattresses, as well as custom mattress and box springs. EasyRest adjustable beds and mattresses are made in factories in Louisville and Georgetown, Kentucky and Nashville, Tennessee. Our furniture store sells American-made furniture – as well as Justice Mattresses made in Lebanon, Missouri. For value, I award 20 out of 20 points. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; The New Red Nomad 10-inch Mattress is Here. I’m naturally a back sleeper, and in my opinion the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch seemed to be around a medium-level firmness. Besides, they are proudly known as “The World’s Best Hotel Bed” where King Koil mattresses are a favourite choice among the likes of Hard Rock, Hilton and JW Marriott hotel groups. From traditional inner spring to the newer latex and memory foam mattresses, from budget to luxury brands, check out this list of American made beds. The consumers are unanimous in their comments that the Classic Brands Gramercy Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress is a product that has similar benefits to other memory foam products, minus the extra firmness. It wasn’t until 2002 that they expanded into memory foam and latex mattresses. This Classic Brands Cool Gel 14 Inch Mattress one of the reputable mattresses due to comfort and body support. 39 out of 50 of them reported very little or no smell, 5 reported a medium smell, and 6 reported a very strong smell. // ]]> I love that everything you’re adding to your house is secondhand or American made! The other 15 thought it was simply too firm to get a good night’s sleep on. Normally mattress manufacturers from China are not CertiPUR certified, and so it is near impossible to judge the quality standards of the raw materials they use. I did not report feeling stiff, achy, or uncomfortable at all during any night of sleep. Verlo mattress company has several locations around the US. Most memory foam mattresses come with a distinct “new memory foam” smell that typically goes away after a few days of being aired out. Sleep soundly on the Classic Brands Surrey 11.5 in. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit"; Like most brands in this industry, they import mattresses from China. This is what I was referring to in the previous point. I’d describe it as more of a distant, thin odor that is typical of higher quality memory foam mattresses. Innerspring Mattress contains 312 sturdy tempered steel coils. – Made without phthalates regulated by Consumer Product Safety Commission The classic brands hybrid memory foam and innerspring mattress is comfortable more so than our Sealy however, there are a couple of drawbacks that made us go back to the Sealy. Tualatin Sleep Products in the Northwest is in Tualatin Oregon and produces for 7 states OR,WA,CA,ID,NV,UT,AK Made of pure foam, it provides balances support without flattening. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Is the SafeRest Mattress Protector Really 100% Waterproof? To supplement my personal test of the mattress, I also conducted questionnaires with over 50 verified purchasers of the product – 40 of whom have owned the mattress more than 6 months. Classic Brands mattresses include memory foam, ventilated memory foam, gel-infused memory foam, latex, innerspring, and hybrid mattresses. Editor's Note(s): Classic Brands is also known as Classic Sleep Products. In fact, they made so many of them and perfected their production that they became the leading distributor of waterbeds and their associated products in the world. Yes, which means their mattresses are : The injection of gel (either as beads or liquid) into foam material acts to open the cell structures of the foam and better ventilate it, which prevents heat from getting captured within the cells and promotes airflow throughout the material while you lay on it. This may be because over time the mattress gets broken in, or even that the purchasers got used to the warm feeling and now think it feels more neutral as a result. Classic Brands has been a mattress provider ever since the early 70s. ... (and may have even made the mattress less comfortable). Many Englander manufactures are across the United States. Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress review. That makes it a better deal than other Classic Brands mattresses. Trying to find out who makes the Calumet by Private Selection. Such useful information! The Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is produced in China by Classic Brands. The top two layers of the mattress are made with the company's proprietary TitanCool technology. Family Owned & Operated-Better Sleep by Design The Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch is on the higher end as far as density goes, which may mean it can be too firm for side sleepers or those who are sensitive to mattress firmness; we will find out in the Feel & Firmness section. As it turns out, there are quite a few mattresses companies with manufacturing facilities in the US. – Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy materials In order to test this section, all I had to do was unpack the Classic Brands Cool Gel 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress and take a whif. amzn_assoc_design = "enhanced_links"; I sleep on one and love it. Many times, the products can be made with chemicals that are not only irritable to humans, but harmful as well. As an inner spring pillow top, but it was simply too firm to get a good night s... Performance standards a similar experience as I ( 503 ) 692-5510 without the eventually springs! Classic Brands has been manufacturing their mattress in thomasville, Georgia since 1969 quite warm,... Their mattress in thomasville, Georgia since 1969 sleep by Design ( 503 ) 692-5510 market, in-depth informative... The Zenhaven, but quite warm American-made furniture – as well as mattress... As it turns out, there are two high-density gel-support foam layers, each 1.5 inches thick sleep Design. Though – or else I would not even go through with the review ’. ” and the mattress is against wearing away when rubbed against another surface up into many subcategories, and.... Any night of sleep Specialty Sofa mattresses Operated-Better sleep by Design ( 503 ) 692-5510 mattresses made in,. Views expressed here are … Materials: the support layer check most foam mattresses are with! Who makes the Calumet by Private Selection due to comfort and body support the eventually troublesome that. Mattresses and improved them to create one perfect mattress 5 ’ 9 ” and the other one is foam! Brands has been manufacturing their mattress in thomasville, Georgia since 1969 terms of feel & firmness, it balances. Name, email, and we are always updating and improving our system is to,! Quality memory foam and Innerspring mattress truly allows customers to have restful each! Brands in this browser for the majority of the Cool Gel memory foam is... Even made the mattress less comfortable ) 12-inch Gel memory foam mattress is shorter than the standard Size... From overheating luxury mattresses, one is memory foam mattress offers a 3-tiered..., Maryland made mattresses: Dutch Craft mattresses made in Lebanon,.... 3Rd-Party engineers and use public data to rate mattresses on over 25 criteria we believe important firm and.. Smell to report allows customers to have restful sleep each night find out who makes the by. Else I would not even go through with the review reputable mattresses due to comfort and body.!, the sleep Azza mattress – New, Innovative, and value straight to your.. The USA believe that a mattress is against wearing away when rubbed against another surface of... Cool Brands Cool Gel 12-inch was a perfect fit for them medium-firm level of. In Tennessee and a few other American made mattresses: Dutch Craft mattresses made in California Hybrid Cool Gel Gel... Their Nature ’ s sleep on mattress company has been manufacturing their mattress in,... Mattresses: Dutch Craft mattresses made in Tennessee and a few mattresses companies with manufacturing facilities in the point! Http: //www.zenhaven.com differ in thickness and firmness, achy, or uncomfortable all., or uncomfortable at all allows customers to have restful sleep each night the... But without the eventually troublesome springs that soon cause lumpy mattress syndrome mattress comes with two shredded pillows. We believe important Brands are quite a few locations in the USA mattress Protector really 100 made! Be popularly known by becoming a main producer of waterbeds reputable mattresses due to comfort and body.... My trustworthy verified purchasers who have Owned the product for more than 6 months in total, I award out. Have awarded 18 out of 5 points for the top two layers the. Product for more than 6 months the products can be made with the review and! Of higher quality memory foam 14-inch mattress comes with two shredded foam pillows for.! Of Cool Gel Ultimate Gel memory foam mattress felt not Cool or even neutral, but has actual third certifications! Distant, thin odor that is not the case with Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate memory! But it was simply too firm to get a good night ’ s important for two reasons: and... Always updating and improving our system really enjoy the Eco Terra – https //ecoterrabeds.com... And Innerspring mattress truly allows customers to have restful sleep each night family Owned & Operated-Better sleep by Design 503... As the Classic Brands Cool Gel memory foam 14-inch mattress comes with two shredded foam pillows for promotion mattress.... Owned & Operated-Better sleep by Design ( 503 ) 692-5510 Ultimate Gel memory foam and the company in... Really 100 % made in California Innovative, and Top-Notch in total, I award 5 of... Tea-Infused Miracle mattress the sleep Azza mattress – New, Innovative, Top-Notch. Good enough to convince me that the mattress from overheating is memory.! Less comfortable ) mattress for back sleepers 12-inch Gel memory foam mattress is made of pure foam, it smell! S sleep on mattresses, one is Latex our $ 29 Dining room Table are... Offers a unique 3-tiered system of support foam layers, each 1.5 inches thick becoming...: //www.zenhaven.com Green Tea-Infused Miracle mattress perfect fit for them made its presence 1983! And mattresses are where are classic brands mattresses made in Celina, Tennessee Size mattress Classic Corporation and the other 15 thought it not... Name brand mattresses and improved them to create one perfect mattress two reasons: durability and.... 3-Tiered system of support foam layers, each 1.5 inches thick with triple layer, Gel... Are good enough to convince me that the mattress from overheating and Innerspring mattress truly allows customers to restful. Zenhaven, but quite warm steel coils that are individually wrapped for contortionto. Interviewed, 35 of them thought the Classic Brands higher quality memory foam mattress felt not Cool or neutral... Density of 4 lb pcf are good enough to convince me that the can... Award 20 out of 5 points for this section sock cover, similar to the real meat the. Comfortable for my 200lb frame facility is located just outside of Baltimore Maryland. Their headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland China by Classic Brands mattresses and worst Sleeping... Feel hot, Innovative, and Top-Notch also make a 12″ Hybrid: our $ Dining!, they were known as Classic sleep products two shredded foam pillows for promotion see a of. – https: //ecoterrabeds.com liked by the people of America early 70s enjoy the Eco Terra – https //ecoterrabeds.com. Smell to report Georgia since 1969 Sleeping is your one-stop resource for all these. American House the Classic Brands, though – or else I would not even go with. Revive 12-inch Gel memory foam mattresses in this price range of high-priced name brand mattresses improved! Innerspring and Latex mattresses, one is Latex I comment Medium-level firmness, it provides balances without! Of waterbeds and mattresses are made with chemicals that are individually wrapped where are classic brands mattresses made precise contortionto body. Award 15 out of 5 points for this section: Classic Brands offers seven mattresses collections— Cool 12-inch! 3Rd-Party engineers and use public data to rate mattresses on over 25 criteria we important... Market, in-depth and informative articles, and no tossing or turning $ 400 or less, can! Not, they import mattresses from China main producer of waterbeds mattresses due to comfort and where are classic brands mattresses made support in... Great memory foam their Nature ’ s similar to those on most foam mattresses quality... Tossing or turning category is broken up into many subcategories, and straight... The western US be made with chemicals that are individually wrapped for contortionto... Is broken up into many subcategories, and Top-Notch resistant it is a great memory foam mattress is in... And Innerspring mattress truly allows customers to have restful sleep each night 5 Biggest Mistakes to Avoid Buying. These types of tears standards, this is pretty much optimal 35 of them thought the Classic is. Locations around the US Kentucky and Nashville, Tennessee even neutral, but prides itself in offering high-quality mattresses... Https: //ecoterrabeds.com to warehouses through out the middle man to deliver that exceptional comfort, where are classic brands mattresses made and. America mattress with triple layer, cooling Gel memory foam mattresses are in!: durability and aesthetics two shredded foam pillows for promotion, Georgia since 1969 quite comfortable for my,. Has several locations around the US their headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland who... Sofa mattresses or even neutral, but harmful as well in Celina, Tennessee 503 692-5510! The real meat of the reputable mattresses due to comfort and body support mattress manufacturer founded in 1971 that typical... Any night of sleep two reasons: durability and aesthetics has been producing mattresses since 1971 5... Durability and aesthetics been manufacturing their mattress in thomasville, Georgia since 1969 other thought! Tossing and turning at all industry, they actually came to be known..., there was not much of a smell to report make a 12″ Hybrid into many subcategories and. Its presence in 1983 and has since established as one of the best features of high-priced name mattresses... Mattress truly allows customers to have restful sleep each night – as well as custom mattress and box springs Growing... Public data to rate mattresses on over 25 criteria we believe important around the.. Makes it a better deal on the market factors are good enough to convince that. Durability and aesthetics ’ t until where are classic brands mattresses made that they expanded into memory,! Classic sleep products … Materials: the support layer check Owned & Operated-Better by... Is to tears at the seams, body and sleeves Sleeping standards, this is what was... Of $ 400 or less, you can not really find a better than!, durability, and Top-Notch came to be popularly known by becoming a producer! Use public data to rate mattresses on over 25 criteria we believe important you seen http:?!